• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Speaking of thieves...

In 2 weeks, the thief could've offloaded the stolen goods on somebody who thought he was getting in extraordinary good deal, and wants to flip them on Facebook for a quick profit.

The seller might not be the thief.

Many thieves try to fence their stolen goods within hours, so they can get money for drugs, beer, cigarettes, dip, or whatever else they're addicted to.
I'm not sure, the FB account is a SPAM account that is only a few weeks old, with no phone number. It may be what you're saying, but I'm certain of one thing, given the opportunity...I think I could convince him to tell me the truth! Probably a good thing I don't live there....

Top notch police’n right there!!!
To be fair the police hands are tied. Department isn’t going to allow too much time/money spent for low class misdemeanors. And if they catch them, the thief’s are out before the reports are finished and approved.

Beside the tools were probably sold to the dealer within a few minutes.

I don't know about there, but it's a felony here to break into someone's vehicle. Plus the amount worth, is also a felony. Criminal damage to property, over $500 likely, another felony. I sure hope you get your tools back. As far as the perp, he'd likely just get probation. That he won't show up for. I tell ya, it's a jungle out there.....

I could be wrong, but perhaps passing all pertinent information along to your insurance company could speed the process along.

Watching westerns tonight
I don't know about there, but it's a felony here to break into someone's vehicle. Plus the amount worth, is also a felony. I sure hope you get your tools back. As far as the perp, he'd likely just get probation. That he won't show up for. I tell ya, it's a jungle out there.....
Not anymore, depends, if no violence probably a misdemeanor here as well.
Burglary can be a misdemeanor in most cases now. Same with entering auto.
Used to be you would have been right.

Shameful.

To be fair the police hands are tied. Department isn’t going to allow too much time/money spent for low class misdemeanors. And if they catch them, the thief’s are out before the reports are finished and approved.

Beside the tools were probably sold to the dealer within a few minutes.
I’m going to have to disagree with you on this, hands tied or not the man who took the job still has the job. He needs to get up off his butt and help a victim, who’s done the hard part for him, out. He knew what he signed up for, and just because they won’t prosecute him the way he should be he still needs to be prosecuted, and that can’t happen without him doing the job he gets paid to do.

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this, hands tied or not the man who took the job still has the job. He needs to get up off his butt and help a victim, who’s done the hard part for him, out. He knew what he signed up for, and just because they won’t prosecute him the way he should be he still needs to be prosecuted, and that can’t happen without him doing the job he gets paid to do.
While there are some lazy officers, the plain and simple truth is there are too many victims. Way too many victims.

I could be wrong, but perhaps passing all pertinent information along to your insurance company could speed the process along.
We filed a claim but had to go the same day and replace all of the tools out of pocket, at this point I don't care about getting the tools back as much as I care about someone paying for it. I hate to think about someone getting a slap on the wrist for it and then let go like Ken Ford Ken Ford was saying. I bet if you were to go to the thief's house, and steal his stuff, he'd damn sure want someone to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom