• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Speaking of wanting to stay safe...

Guns are good, but get a dog as a deterrent. It doesn't need to be any specific kind of dog and does not have to have any special training. Most burglars will bypass any home that has any dog in it.

you can save on homeowners insurance/renters insurance too if you have what is known to be an "agressive breed" that has free roam of the interior of your house!

A bark... even a small bark is a great deterrent!

you can save on homeowners insurance/renters insurance too if you have what is known to be an "agressive breed" that has free roam of the interior of your house!

A bark... even a small bark is a great deterrent!

Really? I would think that would raise you insurance cost.

Really? I would think that would raise you insurance cost.

i did too... i have mine though geico/travelers. I was talking to the rep and she was asking me these questions and was up front and honest. I asked what the dog questions were about and she said there were discounts for having a "free roam" dog in your house as well as a "protective breed." She said it was better than the discount you get with an alarm system b/c it works even if you dont turn it on. lol

I was curious too since I was thinking it would increase liability and thus costs.

Last edited:
I will give the dog idea a +1 as well. The last time we got robbed the dog was going crazy downstairs, but I thought it was just another deer and told her to get back in her bed. They got the wife's car emptied out that night.

I check the property every single time now. Go figure. Two weeks ago she woke us up and there was some guy at the end of the driveway. That stood up the hairs for a while.

Back
Top Bottom