• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Springfield Prodigy

I bought a 5" on here that had been sent back to SA. The work order listed: Ream and polish the chamber, polish feed ramp, replaced and tuned extractor, lubed, safety checked and tested. So far I've put 300rds through without a single issue with various 115g and 124g boxed ammo. Shoots great. I've notice that little hitch with the disconnector mentioned too but it runs fine.
Just put another 200rds (115g Magtech and 124g S&B) through it earlier, so currently at 500rds with no issues. I did notice one small thing with the 17rd mag. When fully loaded, if I can hear rounds rattling around if I shake it. Sounds like they're kinda in the middle of the mag, maybe a little lower. But as soon as I take 1 round out, it doesn't do it anymore. 20rd mag is fine.

Just put another 200rds (115g Magtech and 124g S&B) through it earlier, so currently at 500rds with no issues. I did notice one small thing with the 17rd mag. When fully loaded, if I can hear rounds rattling around if I shake it. Sounds like they're kinda in the middle of the mag, maybe a little lower. But as soon as I take 1 round out, it doesn't do it anymore. 20rd mag is fine.
Yeah, the shield arms mags for my 43x make this sound too, been trying to figure it out??

The rattling is from one round or more that are not under spring pressure due to the stacking of the magazine. You can try pushing down and releasing the last round in the mag. Sometimes this stops it, sometimes not. Tuning the feed lips might resolve it by raising or lowering the stack but I would never mess with a mag that was feeding properly.

I finally got to shoot the 4.25 Prodigy after the polish. No malfunctions. I really like this gun for the price. I think the Cerakoted or whatever product they use On the rails was part of the problem. There was a lot of black tinted oil Coming off the rails after about 500 rounds. The coating does not seem as slick as Cerakote But that could be my imagination.

Back
Top Bottom