• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

STICKER SHOCK!! Rem 870 shopping at two local dealers.

I to have done lots of business with them that dates back 40yrs in previous locations. Good that you shopped around. I normally would too.

So you work there eh?
No, been to their range once and never went back. But I do talk with a lot of folks that run the ranges I go to and they will freely admit that ammo for rentals is major source of their income.

Machine gun rentals are the most profitable but they have a lot of overhead. Keeping a bunch of semi's running is a lot cheaper and you still get the markup on the ammo. Selling targets has some good markup but a lot of people bring their own. And lane rental is at best a 'keep the lights on' thing.

I have to ask, are you certain that you were not looking at 2 different models? I'm on the FAO bandwagon, but their firearm prices tend to be fair. Many times, below market on stuff that is hard to find or new to the market.

Nope. Identical, entry level TAC14 with Magpul forend. The exact same model I purchased at Cherokee gun (and now see it's even $50 less at Dahlonega Gun)

I don't think I have ever started a thread in the pasture. But today will be that day. A few days ago I went window shopping at Cherokee Gun in Canton for a Rem 870 TAC 14. They got 'em for $399 bucks. I ended up buying another gun there instead but still wanting another TAC 14. So I work near Glock and decided to swing by Adv Outdoors on the way home today see what they had. They had the TAC 14 in stock, the guy handed me one. I looked at the tag and asked him if there was some mistake. Surely this price is wrong at $869 DOLLARS!!!! He said NOPE that's the price. I handed it back and walked out. He never said a word. I guess my point is, it pays to shop around these days. I NEVER would have thought that Adv Outdoors would follow the Cheaper than Dirt sales model. But it seems they have. So anyway, I went back to Cherokee Gun and walked out with the exact same one Adv was pushing for almost $900. I could have bought 2 and still had money left over!

View attachment 3688867
Adventure used to be reasonable when Jay ran the place. I bought 2 to 4 guns a year for 7 years and got great trade ins.
When his son took over the prices went up and trade ins were insults.
I bought one gun from them after Jay turned it over to his son. never went back.

It really depends on the gun... They are almost always 'OK' on prices. Not as low as some but lower than others. If they run a sale on guns they are hard to beat, simply because of their volume.

The OPs case is kind of unique. Shorty shotguns and AKs are the hotness for gangbangers, who you wouldn't expect to show up at CGP, but who I see all too often at AO. It doesn't surprise me that they have those marked up through the roof.

Reactions: MRH
It wasn't like that years ago. I've bought a lot of guns over the years from the previous two locations but few from the current mega store. Damn shame.
Same here. There was a time when I liked AO, but now it is just silly. I never go there anymore.

It really depends on the gun... They are almost always 'OK' on prices. Not as low as some but lower than others. If they run a sale on guns they are hard to beat, simply because of their volume.

The OPs case is kind of unique. Shorty shotguns and AKs are the hotness for gangbangers, who you wouldn't expect to show up at CGP, but who I see all too often at AO. It doesn't surprise me that they have those marked up through the roof.

Well if a gang banger.is looking for a Rem TAC14, mine is up for sale/trade now. (must be legal to own a firearm in Georgia)

Back
Top Bottom