• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stolen guns South Cobb.

No reason to get anything now. The house would have to considered marked now. Even adding a safe or camera system does not get me very far from this situation. Seems more like make the insurance claim get whatever check I can get, pack up and move. I always looked at that rear porch door with the big window and knew that would be an easy way in. It is not in my mind that anything will be recovered. Do not know how likely that situation is.

I can't help but point this statement out after hearing they came back. It happens once I can understand, but taking ZERO precautions after the initial incident?!?!? Come on man WTF?

I replaced a guys side entrance door three times in two months before he got out of there. This was south Fulton and the neighborhood was such that I hated to get out of view of my truck with all my tools in it. Thing is I went into his house and he had nothing of value in there after the first break in but they kept coming back thinking he had replaced the stuff they took the first time.

I can't help but point this statement out after hearing they came back. It happens once I can understand, but taking ZERO precautions after the initial incident?!?!? Come on man WTF?

There is nothing to steal. What was left has been riding with me to work everyday in the trunk of my car. I cleaned out my personal safe so they couldn't carry that off.

I upgraded the door and they just came through the window. Cops/ no one else mentioned that they might come back so I did not buy the camera system yet. Cant buy burglar bars at HD. It is not that I did zero, just not enough. Working on it.

To some point it would not matter much either way. If I get burglar bars they will think there is still something to get. I have been in this house nearly 10 years with no problems. I think is just a sign of the times that things are getting worse. I screwed up the first time by not having my stuff in a safe. I got that. And I am not happy that my guns might be used by some criminal on some other innocent person. It is not possible for me to micro manage every detail. I grew up in NY and was never robbed there. Not even a car break in. And that was within 30 miles of NYC, a true pit.

That sucks.. Hope you wrote down serial numbers if the basterd/s ever sells to legit business or gets caught with them they will turn up. Lesson learn, at least you didn't get mugged in person not carrying... -___- have my ccw on me now all the time when leaving the house.

Suggested strategy for catching these bastards:

1) Get a motion sensing, internet capable camera and position it so that it's watching their point of entry. Maybe a couple, with different positions around the house. It's critical that these be able to do an immediate upload of images to a remote server on the Internet. Not terribly difficult or expensive, as long as you have a working Internet connection.

2) Ask friends and neighbors if they have any spare boxes from electronics purchases...flat screen TVs, stereo, computer, video game console. The bigger the box the better.

3) Make a show of putting the boxes out at the curb a day or two before garbage pickup. That's the bait.

Adding a game camera somewhere outside wouldn't be a bad idea, either, as long as you could disguise it really well...and get it up covertly. If you have a neighbor who's close enough to have a view of the place where they are coming in, and you know the neighbor well enough, ask if you can position a camera there are well.

Wait until they strike again and you should have plenty of video evidence for the cops.

I have a trail camera set up temporarily. Insurance check is already in hand and at least I broke even on that. I am going to add burglar bars and security door to back of house. Will add a better multi camera system after the bars go on. Need to buy a replacement ccw.

One neighbor found a cut screen on his porch window but no entry. Hopefully my plan to add a little bit of everything will be enough.

I was at the point of taking random days off from work to just sit home and rap him in the head with a hammer when he poked his head through again.

Time will tell.

I have a trail camera set up temporarily. Insurance check is already in hand and at least I broke even on that. I am going to add burglar bars and security door to back of house. Will add a better multi camera system after the bars go on. Need to buy a replacement ccw.

One neighbor found a cut screen on his porch window but no entry. Hopefully my plan to add a little bit of everything will be enough.

I was at the point of taking random days off from work to just sit home and rap him in the head with a hammer when he poked his head through again.

Time will tell.

A akula - If you put those bars on you will not be the easiest victim. When you think about the predator/prey relationship, the predator is always looking for the easy pickings.....

Anytime in life you can make yourself the least easy prey, your likely hood of being preyed upon goes way down.

Back
Top Bottom