• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop beating up on people for saying "clip"

Personally I'm tired of reading/hearing about people loading their clips and magazines with bullets. It's a cartridge!!! You shoot bullets, you don't shoot cartridges. Cartridges are what hold the bullet until you put it in the chamber and pull the trigger - unless you own a Glock, which can go off all on their own (I read this on the ODT, it must be true).

Talk to the diagram

View attachment 189981

I agree with the OP, if I want to be lectured about proper language it had better be from someone who doesn't sale on the ODT

If what you're saying is true, then explain this!

[Broken External Image]:

Here you go, OP. I think you need some of this. :-)

image.jpg

I just happen to have an internal combustion engine in my van and clips for my Garand and Mosin Nagant and some magazines for a couple handguns. I think the washing machine motor might need replacing soon.

So anyone that uses slang is ignorant and needs educating? I use slang all the time and the gun community is the only place I have ever gotten greif for it. If I go into a parts store specializing in Tractor trailor parts and ask for a pancake I bet you the parts person wont come back with a short stack theyre going to come back with a diaphram for a piggy-back. If I tell a pilot that the radar looks like popcorn he is going to know there are a lot of scattered thunderstorms. And as an antagonist I am only going to call them "clips" from now on. Really who is confused and doent know what I am talking about.

Back
Top Bottom