• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stop cerakoting guns you don't plan on keeping!

I had one of my DW 15-2 done by Fat Albert. I got it for a good price and it was baby pop colored in duracote. Once the think finish was removed, there was some pitting on the metal that was hidden. Cerakote will not hide this; but it looks many times better. It is now wearing midnight blue and black. I still have less in it than I could find another one for. It's a shooter and not a collection piece, so not really worried about it.

id buy a ceracoted python for a shooter...if it was a good shooter at a really nice price. but i wouldnt be selling it after that...just loading mouse farts and shooting steel.

I've turned away collectors pieces that the owners wanted Cerakoted. For a work gun, there is no other finish that I'd have on one. Impervious to rust, solvents, scratching, etc. Anyone who says that Cerakote is hiding anything really doesn't understand the process involved.

I see a listing for a gun I would like to have at a good price open it and see the gun has been cerakoted.
For one thing it just makes me wonder what are you trying to hide.
And I don't need your blue and sniper gray color combination.

I did a few in Duracoat, only sold one to my son's best friend for a home defense gun. But the rest I kept and are cleaned but not tired there SHTF Weapons.

Back
Top Bottom