• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Story behind your screen name?

LOL ....I can’t help but picture the movie “Taps”.

I went to miltary school, but it was a commuter day school - GMC in Milledgeville. Where did you go?
Haha! Col. May, our Commandant actually looked a lot like George C. Scott and his idol was Gen. Patton. He would sneak around at night after Taps wearing a pair of pearl handled Colt .45’s trying to catch people out of their rooms or anything else he could catch us trying to get away with. He popped me once with 100 demerits for playing Jimi Hendrix’s version of the Star Spangled Banner on my 8-track on a Saturday afternoon, wrote me up for “defamation of colors” cause there wasn’t anything in the regs to cover ‘Ol Jimi and he HATED the music of the 60’s & 70’s. I went to Riverside Military Academy in Gainesville, we lived on campus and carried M-14’s when we had Parade every Sunday for the parents.

My old wrestling name...BULLDOG RAINES. .most people say I look like a bulldog
Aww, you’re more like a cute little Pug. :boink: :bounce:

i look like my avatar
Yes, he really does. Lol!

My old wrestling name...BULLDOG RAINES. .most people say I look like a bulldog

upload_2019-6-14_10-6-34.jpeg

This is what came up when I Googled. You look just like a bulldog!

The first gun i picked out and bought with all my own money was a .41mag - Ruger Redhawk 6”bbl stainless.

I was 15yo at a gunshow with my dad and some friends of his, walking around and spotted this gun sitting on a dealer table used. It looked like it had never been fired. The dealer and i haggled until we agreed on a price. I don’t remember the exact amount but he let my dad buy it. That was around ‘79..... no I don’t have it anymore but i fell in love with the caliber. I have 7- .41mags as of now.

Back
Top Bottom