• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Story time. Lesson learned.

And I agree with both of your post. That said, since there is no line in the sand, what you consider reasonable cause 12 others may not.

If you hesitant wondering if you think you are truly in danger then, you may very well be.

Do you yell GET OUT OFF MY HOUSE? do you call 911 as soon as you hear a noise or do you wait to confirm it isnt a shampoo bottle? Im hoping I dont have to go through this ever but, my basic plan is the bedroom door. They can have the entire house but once the bedroom door is compromised, its game on.

If its a forced entry while im in the living room and Ive no time to get to the bedroom, its instant game on. Hopefully Ive got a weapon near me at that time. Usually 50/50 and I need to improve that.

For me, I couldn't tell you at what distance I would feel at danger, as a general statement. It would depend upon the totality of the circumstances; perpetrator(s), are they armed, with what, overall demeanor, am I by myself, is my family present (I value their lives more than I do mine), what condition am I in (injured, winded, etc.), etc.

The definition is kept "fluid" for a reason, and I think it's a good one. It limits Monday morning quarterbacking because other folks can't put themselves in the exact situation you were in, because they weren't there.

Back
Top Bottom