• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Story time. Lesson learned.

So last night there goes a bump in the night. I grab my M&P with a trl1 attached. I rack a round in the chamber and crack the bed room door open. I begin to clear the house. ( surprised the light did not blind me)I clear the bathroom, I clear the nursery, I clear the office and as i clear the guest bedroom the battery dies. I think to myself "great" but my night vision isn't totally gone. I move a little slower and verify house is clear. It turns out it was the shampoo that fell into the tub. So the lesson here is dumping a new set of recharged set of batteries and doing a quick turn on and off isn't enough. (Do a full charge and full discharge before trusting the batteries)Turns out one of the batteries is a defect and wont hold a charge for more than 30 seconds. Also the wife said I left her alone without a gun, so looks like there will be 2 night stand pieces going forward.

I think it would be best from now on if you just threw the damn shampoo away and kept it to yourself. lol

2 story house with basement, family everywhere. I'm in the basement. No choice, even it's frowned upon, had to clear outside at night before due to a situation.

If you ever take payment plans, let me know cmshoot cmshoot lol

That’s a scenario where you’re gonna have to get dirty and work; I accept and recommend that. It’s like the instances I mentioned back on the first page of this thread where I cleared my home because I couldn’t locate all the members of my family.

I didn’t said you should NEVER clear your home. Barring exigent circumstances, if you and your family are in a good, defensive position, it would be extremely foolish and ill-advised to clear your home.

2 story house with basement, family everywhere. I'm in the basement. No choice, even it's frowned upon, had to clear outside at night before due to a situation.

If you ever take payment plans, let me know cmshoot cmshoot lol

I take payments! I have a student that regularly signs up way in advance and makes payments until he’s paid in full. Works with me. I also take trades of guns, equipment, and skills. I’ve traded training for and electrician to do a bunch of work in my shop, and I’m currently trading training for tattoos with @Burning Love.

I’m not currently set up for credit cards, but only because the demand hasn’t been there. If the demand is there, I’ll do that as well.

That’s a scenario where you’re gonna have to get dirty and work; I accept and recommend that. It’s like the instances I mentioned back on the first page of this thread where I cleared my home because I couldn’t locate all the members of my family.

I didn’t said you should NEVER clear your home. Barring exigent circumstances, if you and your family are in a good, defensive position, it would be extremely foolish and ill-advised to clear your home.
Frowned upon going outside looking is what i meant not clearing the house alone.

The problem you run into now is that you have stated that you are defending PROPERTY with deadly force. In the state of Georgia, justified deadly force does not include defense of property. Earlier in this thread I listed the justifications for deadly force as stated in the OCGA more than once, plus gave a direct link to the code section.
\

correct, however I am not obligated to stay in my bedroom and not investigate a possible intruder in my home, and if in that investigation I am confronted with an armed invader then the force would be reasonable. Also home invasion is a forcible felony.[/QUOTE]

I never said not to investigate a possible intruder. I’ve stated before, several pages back, that if I’m unsure as to what I’m hearing in the house, I’m going to investigate. If I am 100% that I have 1 or more intruders in the house, and I have secured my family, then I’m holding tight.

Are you an attorney now? Here is the Georgia legal definition of a forcible felony:

GA 3.02.11 Forcible Felony; Definition of. A forcible felony means any felony that involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any person.

Notice is says “against any person”. Your front door ain’t a person. If you have a solid defensive position, and your family is secured with you, and you leave that position to go downstairs and engage an intruder, there is a valid legal argument that you are not protecting anyone, there is no forcible felony per Georgia law, and you are simply protecting property.

In the state of Georgia you’re in a pretty good position to take on someone that uses force to gain entry into your home. I only want you to be aware that if you choose to do so, you are not on as solid legal ground as you think that you are. Make sure you have a good attorney, because that case ain’t a slam dunk.

That would depend on a lot of factors. I’ll fall back, as always, on the Georgia justification of the use of deadly force. If I were to investigate a noise outdoors, found someone on my property, who I challenged, and then they were to threaten me.......
I understand the rules but i know going outside is always frowned upon because it can be seen as looking for trouble in a way.

I can't say too much about it cause it's a ongoing situation with law enforcement involved as well.

I will say the various times my wife has woken me up to investigate anything, I'm shocked at how well I'm aware and alert.

Back
Top Bottom