• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Story time. Lesson learned.

Not a disadvantage, but less advantaged would be to have all that you describe and then advance out of a well prepared defensive position to engage, rather than maintaining that position.

It has been well established tactical doctrine for centuries that it is much more difficult to overcome a well prepared and static defensive position than to defend one.

You may have clarified the disconnect when you used the term "hiding". We are not talking about hiding as the primary advantage, though surprise always is one. We are talking about being behind well prepared cover with a kill box that has been previously established. It's good if they don't know you're there, but it doesn't matter much if they do. They have to walk into the kill zone while you and yours are well covered.

This is why they built forts for centuries. This is why a commander would look for the right "ground" and try to get there with enough time to prepare it it before the enemy got there. This is why a lot of small unit tactics is based around ambushes. Both preparing them and avoiding them.

Even with the other preparations you have made, you have not given any good reason to leave an ambush sight as long as who you want to defend is in the prepared position with you.

you wrote:
Even with the other preparations you have made, you have not given any good reason to leave an ambush sight as long as who you want to defend is in the prepared position with you.[/QUOTE]

That is subjective, there are other things worth defending in addition to the human life in your bedroom , One may have left a firearm inadvertently in the living area that they don't want stolen and used by the BG in another crime. The BG may find car keys and steal it and find a firearm in it. Sure we can have a differnt debate about leaving your firearms out in the living area or in your auto over night, or people may place the sanctity of their home over the life of the BG. or even about leaving youy keys out.
Fact is many people get comfortable with a false sense of security in their home and leave stuff laying around they should not.

I agree with everything else you wrote in the above.

Ive seen arguments over less go for longer.
what oil should I use turn into who makes the best chocolate chip cookies.
Well now you've done it! I make the best chocolate chip cookies! (Don't tell anybody but I buy the pack of Nestle precut squares).

What part of I'm not advocating do you not understand?
Not Once in any of my post did I say anyone should go looking for the home Invaders.

I pointed out that recommending hinding (without having all the facts) is bad advise. Any advice without having all the facts is bad advice
I have already stated my statement "it is no surprise you and I don't agree he should cower in the bedroom" in response to Bears post was inappropriate.

I said with my setup I was better off not hinding in the bedroom.

I could site several other home invasions where the homeowner prevailed without hinding, but I don't think your ego would let you evaluate it objectively.

Are you one of those "officers" who dismisses any evidence that doesn't support his narrative?
That's a question not a statement.

No sir, I go by evidence and experience. The evidence and experience I have garnered through 30 years of real world room clearing, plus training, plus working with military and LE from around the world. What is your basis of “knowledge” built upon?

CM And Bear

Please explain how one would be at a tactical disadvantage, when the attacher(s) have been remotely blinded, deafened and the location of and the direction the attacker is facing is known before they are engaged from a likely elevated position?

One would hope that the blinding and deafening would be enough to convince said invaders this was a bad idea and a timely exit is in order.

Just for the record i'm not talking percussion grenade/ flashbang. Don't want to do anymore damage to my house than can be helped.

In that case you would have a tactical advantage over the intruders, and be at a tactical disadvantage compared to a defender in the exact same scenario that held his defensive position.

No sir, I go by evidence and experience. The evidence and experience I have garnered through 30 years of real world room clearing, plus training, plus working with military and LE from around the world. What is your basis of “knowledge” built upon?
\
military (4 years)
Deputy (2 years)
USPIS (14 years) Well to be fair no room clearing took place
Now retired.

My issue is the advise was given without all the info (like the guy had a kid in another room), in the vast majority that would be the correct advise to give, if there was not anything or anyone to defend outside of that room.

you wrote:
Even with the other preparations you have made, you have not given any good reason to leave an ambush sight as long as who you want to defend is in the prepared position with you.

That is subjective, there are other things worth defending in addition to the human life in your bedroom , One may have left a firearm inadvertently in the living area that they don't want stolen and used by the BG in another crime. The BG may find car keys and steal it and find a firearm in it. Sure we can have a differnt debate about leaving your firearms out in the living area or in your auto over night, or people may place the sanctity of their home over the life of the BG. or even about leaving youy keys out.
Fact is many people get comfortable with a false sense of security in their home and leave stuff laying around they should not.

I agree with everything else you wrote in the above.[/QUOTE]

The problem you run into now is that you have stated that you are defending PROPERTY with deadly force. In the state of Georgia, justified deadly force does not include defense of property. Earlier in this thread I listed the justifications for deadly force as stated in the OCGA more than once, plus gave a direct link to the code section.

I agree with everything else you wrote in the above.

The problem you run into now is that you have stated that you are defending PROPERTY with deadly force. In the state of Georgia, justified deadly force does not include defense of property. Earlier in this thread I listed the justifications for deadly force as stated in the OCGA more than once, plus gave a direct link to the code section.[/QUOTE]
\

correct, however I am not obligated to stay in my bedroom and not investigate a possible intruder in my home, and if in that investigation I am confronted with an armed invader then the force would be reasonable. Also home invasion is a forcible felony.

Back
Top Bottom