• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Struggling with finding time to reload....

Emmersom Biggens

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
145   0
Reaction score
I'd rather shoot than reload... that's my problem... I have thousands of $$ invested in a ton of Dillon equipment and supplies.. I am self-employed, so my time is limited during the week. I may be putting it all up on the chopping block. I hate to, but its hard to justify the investment I have made when I rarely make time to do it. Maybe I'll trade it all for something cool!

It seems hard to balance. I just started and for me from the time I start researching a load, brass prep, loading and testing, it takes a lot of time away from other things.

When you give up and sell everything, you will be kicking yourself in the butt wishing you still had it. Make time for it, you make time for shooting, right?
We all need hobbies and alone time.......no one bothers me when my press is working, I do throw fire crackers when I'm done. Makes everyone look.
Just my thoughts.

Reloading, is like courting your girl friend, who became your best friend, who became your wife. You have to schedule time agreed upon by yourself, and your family.

Never get frustrated, reloading has to be a passion, like a therapy to cleanse the mind, a time to climb into your bubble, no phone calls,no tv, no radio, a sign on your door, basement, back door, DO NOT DISTURB UNLESS THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE, OR THE KIDS NEED, a stern talking to.

Practice this for a planned schedule time and alert everyone to NOT DISTURB YOU...

It works, however you will find the other members of the family will start trying your structured program which will help them also.

just a simple suggestion to consider before throwing away your passion, and stress reliever...

Wishing you well in your consideration of jumping ship, just take a little time to consider what you can gain, and lose by jumping ship...

Back
Top Bottom