• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Preppers...

Just checked this out this morning - interesting. While the first family seemed like they had a pretty unusual plan with the pool biosphere thing going on, they must have a load of diverse expertise to be able to keep all that running. Not the idea plan imo, but for an urban setup, ingenious.
My second thought was, if I was as hard core about being ready and as far along in my plans as these folks were, there is no way at all I am going on TV to advertise what I have, can do, and where I'll be. No way.

Thought this was interesting from James Rawles

http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/07/odds_n_sods_1929.html

A few folks have written to ask me if I was "the anonymous expert" in the recent National Geographic "Doomsday Preppers" documentary. I was approached by the producers when they were planning the project last year, to be a "subject matter expert". I didn't have a good feeling about the project, so I passed. I'm now glad that I did. Their anti-prepper bias was apparent. Through some careful editing and voice-overs, the producers made the subjects of the documentary appear to be mentally imbalanced. For the record: I was not their anonymous expert!

if I was as hard core about being ready and as far along in my plans as these folks were, there is no way at all I am going on TV to advertise what I have, can do, and where I'll be. No way.[/QUOTE]

THIS!!

TLC just had an interesting show on last night... Living for the Apocalypse

Showcased 4 families/groups of preppers, some a bit nuts, some not.

TLC just had an interesting show on last night... Living for the Apocalypse

Showcased 4 families/groups of preppers, some a bit nuts, some not.

Saw that show too.......the Survival Doc caught my attention. Slightly quirky but very interesting. The last clip of the lady and her trans-gendered roommate had to be a set-up.......

Survival Doc has a web site that is very well organized and has some useful info for survivalists of all levels: http://www.thenewsurvivalist.com/

Back
Top Bottom