• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swagging Tool

Does that CH4D tool use standard shell holders? Looks like a good way to prime small batches of cases, too.

I'll have to go take a look at it ...but I don't recall getting anything else to use it but it's been a while since I used it ("Oldtimer's Disease": CRS)
I do remember that I've used it to do both .308's and .223 ... And it was a breeze

We use dillon primer pocket reamer. We would not use anything other, rcbs great for a small amounts, we have had ours for 17 years, no telling how many have been through there.

Reloading is a personal thing for each and every reloader.

I'll have to go take a look at it ...but I don't recall getting anything else to use it but it's been a while since I used it ("Oldtimer's Disease": CRS)
I do remember that I've used it to do both .308's and .223 ... And it was a breeze

The CH4D comes with a "die looking" holder that screws onto the top of your press, atop this "die" is a cut-out like you normally see atop your presses ram. A standard shell holder is placed in this cut-out and retained by an integral spring clip. You then place one of the two provided primer reamers into the shell hold slot of your press. the punch goes up through the CH4D "die" and into the base of a cartridge placed into the standard shell holder that you provide

Adjust the CH4D "die" until you get the proper depth penetration into the cartridge ... and away you go .. just make certain that every cartridge is completely placed into the shell holder ... otherwise you will get "off-center" swagging

I guess that you could adjust the primer reamer to seat primers, but it would be a real challenge to place them atop the primer reamer
and get them to sit still while you raised it into their die!!!!

Back
Top Bottom