• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swagging Tool

There's a recent thread here about swaging tools. The RCBS bench tool works much better than any other method I've used.

If I still have the stinkin' press mounted set, I'll make you a bargain in it. Get a bench one.

I use the exact one Chuckdog has pictured. It works great, quick and easy set-up and adjustments are simple.
Never tried anything else and don't see the need to after using the RCBS. It's a great tool at a reasonable price.

Oh... So putting on an asshat makes your reloads better. See, learned something else tonight.

Shame, had hoped you'd be a contribution to my search to learn here. Now, you are just another add to the growing ignore list.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, oh NO not the iggy bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dillon Super Swage is very nice & fast at swaging primer pockets. I bought mine about 5 years ago for $80, & just sold it on Ebay, 3 weeks ago, for $205. I decided that I had all of the 223 brass swaged that I'll ever need, & decided to sell my swager. I never dreamed it'd bring that much. I guess that Dillon doesn't have any in stock to sell, & the panic buying has driven the price way up.

Last edited:
I have used the Dillion and it is great. I think it cost $100 about a year ago, now finding one in stock with all the madness may be a challenge and. I also used the RCBS press swagger and the Dillion was well worth the extra money.

Last edited:
X2 on Chucks post, I have the RCBS bench top. If you wanna pay +$200.00 on the Dillon and wait a lomgggggggg time to get one, knock yourself out. Paid $79.99 for my RCBS. My primers seat just fine. Go ahead and drink the blue Kool Ade it you must.
That's odd I just bought a Dillon and I only paid 100.95 page 17 march 2013 catalog, and the blue kool ade tastes good, esp. when they replace parts from my dumb mistakes for free. I begged to pay them for broken items that was my fault but they always kindly decline and its at my door in about 4 days. just my .02 Oh and if you do knock yourself out the swager will be much harder to use, any brand for that matter.

Last edited:
Getting set up for .223 finally and have my brass. I am in the market for a swagging tool and need your opinions.
RCBS press mounted one or the Dillon table mounted style or any others you suggest?
I kinda like the die set up but would like to hear from you guys

The Press mounted swaging dies work well and if you already have the press, that is probably the way to go. You only have to swage the primer pockets one time. Then you can load, depending on type of case, as many times as safety dictates.

Back
Top Bottom