• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sweet deal on .22LR, all in $0.054/round @ Dick's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh whatever guys. Stop it with the Dicks boycott.

I have spent endless afternoons dumping hundreds of rounds of 22 with friends and family since I was a kid. Literally, one of my favorite ways to spend a day.

Am I betraying the 2nd by purchasing reasonably priced ammo from a store that clearly uses it as a loss leader to get people in the door? Like OP, I went in, bought my ammo and left. I didnt buy a Dicks T-shirt, fill out a job application or tell everyone in the store that they were brave for pulling the scary guns when press got crazy. I love supporting local businesses, but when 22 is $75 for a brick ANYWHERE near me (if in stock at all), I'm gonna get that bucket.

I would also buy that bucket from LITERALLY anyplace that sells it within an hour of me. I would gladly pay extra to support local! I would buy that bucket for a $75 all day from anywhere. I would buy 1400 22s for $100 from Kanye West, the worst person on the planet, if I didnt have to drive too far to get them. If you ask me (nobody did), not having 22 to shoot when I have my nephews in the woods for the day is the real tragedy. I don;t think they would feel much better if I tell them there is a bad person working at Dicks corporate, who is really feeling the sting from us not buying his 22 buckets and shooting all you want.

"No", I will tell them, "its not the friendly kids you go to school, who work part time at Dicks, that made the decision, you dont have to hold it against them!" Instead, we can throw rocks and at soda bottles and recite charlton heston's NRA keynote from 1999.

And, if you want to see how fast I forget, you can find me there tomorrow on my lunch break, getting another bucket

MJ: You are clear and your argument is compelling. Well written. Enjoyed reading it.

I have spent endless afternoons dumping hundreds of rounds of 22 with friends and family since I was a kid. Literally, one of my favorite ways to spend a day.

Am I betraying the 2nd by purchasing reasonably priced ammo from a store that clearly uses it as a loss leader to get people in the door? Like OP, I went in, bought my ammo and left. I didnt buy a Dicks T-shirt, fill out a job application or tell everyone in the store that they were brave for pulling the scary guns when press got crazy. I love supporting local businesses, but when 22 is $75 for a brick ANYWHERE near me (if in stock at all), I'm gonna get that bucket.

I would also buy that bucket from LITERALLY anyplace that sells it within an hour of me. I would gladly pay extra to support local! I would buy that bucket for a $75 all day from anywhere. I would buy 1400 22s for $100 from Kanye West, the worst person on the planet, if I didnt have to drive too far to get them. If you ask me (nobody did), not having 22 to shoot when I have my nephews in the woods for the day is the real tragedy. I don;t think they would feel much better if I tell them there is a bad person working at Dicks corporate, who is really feeling the sting from us not buying his 22 buckets and shooting all you want.

"No", I will tell them, "its not the friendly kids you go to school, who work part time at Dicks, that made the decision, you dont have to hold it against them!" Instead, we can throw rocks and at soda bottles and recite charlton heston's NRA keynote from 1999.

And, if you want to see how fast I forget, you can find me there tomorrow on my lunch break, getting another bucket

I am not supporting a store of this size that cow tows to the government on pressure. What will they do next? Have they apologized for their abandonment of guys and gals that bought their guns only to get the shaft from the likes of a president like we have and his pitiful regime?? I am vey sorry for all the employees that work there that I'm not helping by not shopping there but I am also helping guys and gals that work at Academy sports....only a few more minutes away.

I'm not hating on people that go to Dick's to buy bullets or whatever. I just have my opinions and you guys have yours. My opinion is that Dick's is named appropriately.

thats all well and good

But my principles are worth more. Dicks not only became hypocrites after the sandy hook debacle, they welched on the rain check many customers had for ar15 rifles sold on black friday

They are antigun and do not appreciate their patrons

**** them

I am not supporting a store of this size that cow tows to the government on pressure. What will they do next? Have they apologized for their abandonment of guys and gals that bought their guns only to get the shaft from the likes of a president like we have and his pitiful regime?? I am vey sorry for all the employees that work there that I'm not helping by not shopping there but I am also helping guys and gals that work at Academy sports....only a few more minutes away.

I'm not hating on people that go to Dick's to buy bullets or whatever. I just have my opinions and you guys have yours. My opinion is that Dick's is named appropriately.

thats all well and good

But my principles are worth more. Dicks not only became hypocrites after the sandy hook debacle, they welched on the rain check many customers had for ar15 rifles sold on black friday

**** them

Guys, I feel like I am taking crazy pills.
Big stores have buying power that makes it possible for us to buy these buckets at a reasonable price to get us in the store. They tuck them behind the counter, on the third floor, and shut down the escalators. Why? Because they are trying to get you in the door so you buy more stuff!
If you really want to hurt the Dicks chain, go in there and buy only the ammo and leave. If it makes you feel better, kick over a display on the way out. Don't buy the Nike Brand camo shorts for $79, where they really make their money. But not buying ammo or paying 4x as much is silly to me.
But MY principles are centered around making myself and the people around me happy. Life is far too short to hold a grudge. Companies do stupid **** all the time, if you stop buying from every corp that made a mistake, there will be slim pickings.

Let me know of any other anti-gun stores selling 22 for $0.05 per round.

Big stores have buying power that makes it possible for us to buy these buckets at a reasonable price to get us in the store. They tuck them behind the counter, on the third floor, and shut down the escalators. Why? Because they are trying to get you in the door so you buy more stuff!
If you really want to hurt the Dicks chain, go in there and buy only the ammo and leave. If it makes you feel better, kick over a display on the way out. Don't buy the Nike Brand camo shorts for $79, where they really make their money. But not buying ammo or paying 4x as much is silly to me.
But MY principles are centered around making myself and the people around me happy. Life is far too short to hold a grudge. Companies do stupid **** all the time, if you stop buying from every corp that made a mistake, there will be slim pickings.

^^^^
Well said, I agree with you.

This isnt just some standard stupid corporate stuff, they knowlingly backed out on paid vouchers and told their customers to pound sand

**** them, i stand by my earlier post.

Also you act like.05 cents a round is a good deal. That is/was standard pricing and prices are returning to mormal. Dick. Isnt losing money

Besides id rather pay a slightly higher price for good customer service to a company who didnt betray the basic ethics of business 101

Last edited:
Haha, I was wondering why the only elevator that wasn't working was the one to the third floor. So they really shut the elevators down to try and discourage lazy (insert expletive) people? Pathetic, honestly I can't believe I drove into Buckhead, some times I think it'd be ok if the big reset happened. Anyways, I picked up a bucket today. It was my first time buying anything from dick's but rarely do I buy anything retail. I am way too cheap and try to avoid taxes/markup as much as possible, really bad consumer.

thats all well and good

**** them

Really ?? So, why do they sell guns ?

This isnt just some standard stupid corporate stuff, they knowlingly backed out on paid vouchers and told their customers to pound sand

**** them, i stand by my earlier post.

Also you act like.05 cents a round is a good deal. That is/was standard pricing and prices are returning to mormal. Dick. Isnt losing money

Besides id rather pay a slightly higher price for good customer service to a company who didnt betray the basic ethics of business 101

I am not acting like 1400 hollow point, high velocity 22 rounds for $75 is a good deal. It is a good deal.

Tell me where I can buy 1400 rounds for anywhere near $0.05 per round and I will never buy from dicks again. What is slightly higher to you? Twice the price? Three times the price? For lower quality ammo? From a store much further away?

You cant even buy more than 200 rounds at most stores, and that is for $0.10+!
I agree, its ridiculous that they screwed us on the voucher, but I am not going to feel any better about that by buying 100 22s at a time from 14 different stores for $100+.

Its the same way I look at AO. When they advertise a good deal I go get it. The staff is not friendly to me and I don;t care. They know I am not going to be one of the customers that spends his Saturday strolling the aisles and donating my 45 brass to their range, I came in for the specific deal advertised thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom