Swords for SHTF

Is a combat-ready sword an appropriate prep for a long-term SHTF?

• Total voters
I have a Lord of the Rings movie sword that is Frodo's "Sting." Supposedly it glows blue if Orcs are around. I have never seen it glow blue. But I've never been to New Zealand either, LOL. I used to have the sword of Gandalf, but ended up selling it a few years back.

I have a woman who lives down the street and I'm pretty sure she's an Orc. Would love to confirm your sword will actually glow blue. Should be easy. She's constantly sitting in her open garage chain smoking. If you walk up to her with the sword and don't get shot in the process I will buy you a case of beer.

I have a woman who lives down the street and I'm pretty sure she's an Orc. Would love to confirm your sword will actually glow blue. Should be easy. She's constantly sitting in her open garage chain smoking. If you walk up to her with the sword and don't get shot in the process I will buy you a case of beer.

This has made me laugh for almost ten minutes. Bully to you Chris Mac...Bully!

what do i need a sword for when i got these

i337.photobucket.com_albums_n399_Veedog51_Noteable_20persons_SteveJobswithninjastars.png

I think he is joking. Those of us who ARE ninjas don't say we are ninjas!

Oh and yes a good quality folded carbon steel katana called the "Practical Katana" by Paul Chen and the Henwei forge can be had for less than $200. They make higher quality ones also ut dont look there to find one with all that crappy Gaijin decoration and dragons and stuff. The same cutting quality is still there in the Practical Katana.

Under Bud Malmstrom?

When I run out of bullets...I go buy more bullets. Well, I say that but I don't recall a time in my life ever running out. If I ever do, I have a couple hundred arrows because every year, I stalk walmart at the end of bow season and clean out the rack when they mark them all down to a dollar.

Back
Top Bottom