• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk me out of a safe

Get one bigger than you think you need.

Like, twice as big as you think you need.
I am to the point now I am thinking about selling guns. I have had my collection before I joined this site. It is good advice though in general. The safe I am looking at is a good size.

I have the Colonial Extreme, needs to be bigger but 50 is as far as they go. First take all the funky long gun holders out and buy rifle rods, go to Harbor Freight and get some magnetic tool holders and screw under the shelves to hold magazines, add one of the led kits and your pretty well set. I've got mine bolted to a slab with 1/2 inch Tapcon screws, pretty sure it's not going anywhere.

I have the Colonial Extreme, needs to be bigger but 50 is as far as they go. First take all the funky long gun holders out and buy rifle rods, go to Harbor Freight and get some magnetic tool holders and screw under the shelves to hold magazines, add one of the led kits and your pretty well set. I've got mine bolted to a slab with 1/2 inch Tapcon screws, pretty sure it's not going anywhere.
Thanks

this might be an unpopular opinion, but I prefer a steel gun cabinet. Not fire rated, and can probably be pried open fairly easily, but it keeps the kids out, cost $150, and was light enough to carry up the stairs myself :)
That's what I use as well. My insurance policy covers them if the house burns down.

Call Newnan Ace Hardware for a price, if they are still in business. In the past they beat all prices, you had to pay SafeCraka to delivery it but it was worth the savings.

Back
Top Bottom