• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk me out of a Shield .45

How does the recoil compare between the two?
I did not shoot the 2 back to back, however, I did not find the recoil objectionable at all. The grip texture is aggressive allowing for a good purchase on the gun, but did not irritate my ungloved hand. I fired 200 rounds in less than an hour...basically load and fire, 10 yards and 7 yards. The pistol functioned flawlessly and is remarkable precise.

I already have a 9mm. The price with rebate has me eyeing the 45 closely.
I was just giving you a reason! Get the .45. This rebate is fukcing awesome! Just bought a 9mm online for $307 w/ free shipping. There's no reason for anybody to not own a decent gun right now. For about $250 or less after rebate, this is a great deal. Fukc Taurus and all the other cheap manufacturers producing cheap crap

The shield .45 is about 1/2 inch longer and 1/2 taller than the 9mm and it holds 1 round less.

The extra half inch taller means I can use the flat base mag and get all of my fingers on the gun. This along with the excellent stippling tames the .45 and makes it more than manageable.

The slide is slightly wider but you will need a set of calipers to be able to see it. In fact, the shield .45 will fit into any holster you may already have for the shield 9.

I see no reason to not buy one and in fact, while they are so cheap, I encourage you to go out and buy both the 9mm AND the .45.

How does the recoil compare between the two?

I swapped from the 9 to the 45 for my edc and have no regrets. The primary reasons for me were the more aggressive grip texture and the slightly longer grip with the flush fit mag both of which help with recoil management. On recoil: Obviously their is a little more (I'd say 25% more) in the 45 so this is where you have to evaluate yourself. If you are a relatively experienced shooter and have solid fundamentals then the little extra recoil probably won't bother you. The recoil impulse feels a little different also, more of a firm push in the 45 which I really like. I also only shoot good ole 230gr standard velocity out of it so I'm sure +p would make it more of a handful.

Back
Top Bottom