• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tats, sleeves, socks, why the whole body covering attraction

To each his own. I think it's a generational thing. I don't have any tat's.
I always remember the Jimmy Buffet lyric (to paraphrase) "Its a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling..."

I got a few while I was in the Navy. They’re old school and were done by Dom David in Subic Bay Philippines using bamboo needles small wood hammer and the ink was in wooden bowls. They can be covered by a short sleeve shirt. The colors have faded and the words are barely legible but so am I.

Too many grown men in this thread worried about what other people do. Wonder who the snowflakes really are.
For real. Although it is funny seeing a bunch of dudes concerned about other guys physique, and belittling girls they probably never stood a chance of talking to anyway.

Dad told me if I got an earring he would rip it out and lock me in the house till my ear healed. He also told me if I came home with a tattoo he would cut it off.

One day I walked in the door with one of those strong magnet, fake earrings. He said that’s cute, reached up and ripped it off. He looked in his hand and said “Huh, guess you’re glad that wasn’t real.” I never tried him on the tat.

Now that I’m older I just never have had any desire to have one. Don’t know if that’s dad’s influence or if I just don’t care. One of my best friends is covered up and is also an tattoo artist. If I ever get an inkling for one I guess I’ll ride over to his place.

This post is a perfect example of why I’ve covered myself in tattoos.

It’s funny seeing all the reasons y’all are bashing tattoos. I’ve personally been lucky enough to gain a lot of great friends, a successful career that allows me to travel, a productive lifestyle, a flexible schedule, and a lot of cool connections within interesting industries because of getting tattooed. My tattoos don’t make me different as a person or define my personality. However, they have helped shape me into who I am.

They have also helped separate me from judgmental old clowns. Especially the weird ones that spend time on the internet bashing things they don’t have or understand. Life is good when you’re not concerning yourself with what other people should be doing with their money or time. Maybe if some of you didn’t feel so pressured by what other people are going to think, you wouldn’t think so hard about other people while you’re jamming that stick so far up your ass. :thumb:

Edited to stay on topic: As far as people getting tattooed when it’s not financially responsible... I think it’s the same as anything else. I know I’ve bought guns when I couldn’t necessarily afford them. Not a great decision, but it worked out fine and got caught up. Still have the guns and my rent was always paid on time. If I currently had a family to support, that would be a different story. Some people are just bad with money. I don’t think a tattoo, a vacation, or a new toy are any different financially. People do dumb ****, whether it’s buying a car you can’t afford or tattoos you can’t afford.

Back
Top Bottom