• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tats, sleeves, socks, why the whole body covering attraction

Including moderation.
index(2).jpg

A tattoo of a bird on her lower back at 20 turns into a buzzard in her crack at 60.. lol..
I've got tatts and think this funny.. may get more later

I'm not a pediatrician but I don't think many newborns know what a snake or a skull is.

Part nature, part nurture. Fear is part of human DNA as a basic survival mechanism. Instinctive fear of things that are a threat (snakes, for obvious reasons, and things associated with death and decay, for less obvious reasons) are innate in humans. Cemented further by social constructs that drive infant learning. Nothing of what an infant sees or hears is going to reinforce skeletons or snakes as good companions. Seeing that image on its mother will, at best, be confusing, and at worst, damage the infant psyche in unpredictable ways.

screenshot_20190916-074456-png.2283078

There's a fine line between this...
dfb6dee5abacf86bd31e2b1ca695d0ad.jpg

and this.

I like tattoo's personally. But knowing when to say when is a good thing. It's your body do what you want with it though IMO.

Part nature, part nurture. Fear is part of human DNA as a basic survival mechanism. Instinctive fear of things that are a threat (snakes, for obvious reasons, and things associated with death and decay, for less obvious reasons) are innate in humans. Cemented further by social constructs that drive infant learning. Nothing of what an infant sees or hears is going to reinforce skeletons or snakes as good companions. Seeing that image on its mother will, at best, be confusing, and at worst, damage the infant psyche in unpredictable ways.
Yeah, maybe, but I'm not convinced that an infant can tell the difference between a skeleton and a clown or between a snake and a shovel.

Yeah, maybe, but I'm not convinced that an infant can tell the difference between a skeleton and a clown or between a snake and a shovel.

Ever see any of the Youtube cat vs. cucumber videos?

Cats don't know what cucumbers are. In the examples you see in videos, the cats in question have probably never seen one, but the shape causes an instinctive defensive reaction. Not a learned response. A DNA programmed reflex response.

A snake is the earliest villain in human folklore. If that's not based on DNA embedding, I don't know what is.

Ever see any of the Youtube cat vs. cucumber videos?

Cats don't know what cucumbers are. In the examples you see in videos, the cats in question have probably never seen one, but the shape causes an instinctive defensive reaction. Not a learned response. A DNA programmed reflex response.

A snake is the earliest villain in human folklore. If that's not based on DNA embedding, I don't know what is.
So if I get a tattoo of a cucumber cats will run away from me?
Comparing cats and human infants is about as apples and oranges as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom