• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus Must Be Going Out Of Business

Pistol is not my EDC. I’m not trying to rush Taurus. The only reason that I have been calling and emailing Taurus is because the online status has still been showing “waiting for firearm to arrive” and I want to make sure the pistol hasn’t been lost or stolen before going into the repair que. It doesn’t take a gunsmith to open the mail and key in the serial numbers. If Taurus can’t open the mail and key in the serial numbers or answer the phone or reply to emails then Taurus must be going out of business.
Does your tracking number show it arriving?

Guys, guys! I called a multinational corporation today and got their voicemail. Also, I sent an email, one of which I am sure there are thousands others. It's been a few days and no response. This multi billion dollar global company is clearly going out of business based on these things.

Cleary.

Taurus signed for it last Wednesday. I just keyed the serial number into the Taurus system again; now it’s showing up as “Firearm Arrived”; so they must have “arrived” it into their system this afternoon.

I've seen this happen before with Taurus. It's par for the course. People call me an elitist and snobby that I hate on Taurus. It has always amazed me that people would trust defending their lives with a gun manufacturer that has such **** QC and customer service. I would never carry one to defend me or my families' lives with. I worked at a gun store in FL and we had the same experience. Multiple customers that sent their guns back in because of recalls and Taurus dragging their feet on offering replacements. One instance took a year and another right at about 8 months. That's absurd in this day and age.

I’ve only ever owned one Taurus.

a Model 66.

I bought it brand new in 2012.

As soon as I got it home, I noticed that it wouldn’t lock into battery on one chamber. In just a few minutes, I discovered that one of the seven little notches on the extractor ratchet wasn’t machined all the way, so the cylinder wouldn’t turn completely on that chamber. Meaning it was possible to fire that chamber with the cylinder slightly out of battery.

No big deal. They’ll fix it. So I sent it back.

Weeks later they sent it back, with a note attached saying they “adjusted the cylinder”. Whatever that means.

I looked at the cylinder, and they hadn’t even touched it. Still had the exact same original extractor in it.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

So then I called them, and spent an hour on the phone with them begging them to just sell me the replacement part to fix it.

No dice.

Nothing.

I was willing to pay extra to fix their mistake - even after the BS and run around they put me through. And they still wouldn’t cooperate with me.

So I took it back to the FFL and sold it - at a slight loss.

I never even got to fire it.

And that’s the first (and last) Taurus I’ve ever owned.

And that’s a real shame, because I was really proud of that gun when I bought it, and I still want to love Taurus. I honestly do. But I’m not gonna touch another one until I get the big giant apology that they still owe me.

Taurus signed for it last Wednesday. I just keyed the serial number into the Taurus system again; now it’s showing up as “Firearm Arrived”; so they must have “arrived” it into their system this afternoon.
While their quality control and customer service could certainly be improved, maybe they are not going out of business. Maybe they are just covered up with moving and training people. I'm sure the move has caused a back log on top of a system with room for improvement.

Let me tell you a little story about S&W. Years ago I had trouble with a Model 39-2 extracting a spent cartridge. I contacted them, sent it to them for repair. Three weeks later they sent a letter stating that they could not repair it and was sending it back to me.
Upon it's return to me, I was telling a friend of mine about this issue and he says " Let me take a look at it." He had taken a home study course on gunsmithing and I thought " What have I got to lose?"
Three days later he called me to tell me it was repaired. Dirt/grime/ crap under the backside of the extractor.
So, SMITH & WESSON couldn't repair something like this, but a guy that took a home study course in Gunsmithing can figure it out????
Tell ME about S&W...
Personally, I'll take a Taurus any day!!!
SW might of had a disgruntled employee, or a bad employee that evaluated your firearm. Smith has a good CS track record. Taurus has a horrible reputation for customer service and a horrible reputation for the quality of the products they produce.
So you have a company like Smith who might occasionally make an error and then you have a company like Taurus which has a high failure rate for everything they produce, horrible customer service to boot. Moral of the story "don't buy a Taurus" they suck

Back
Top Bottom