Tell me Why?

really, does it matter? Same with the BOS, does it matter that much to everyone? If a seller wants me to sign a BOS I'm good with that. I will not give someone information that is not needed, just the info for the sale like who and what.

I don't require a BOS myself, but I will want to see your DL. The only thing that I would like to see is if a seller wants some sort of BOS they should spell out what they want in the listing and not spring it on the buyer at the time of the deal. This has happened to me more that a few times, but all they wanted was my signature so it wasn't a big deal. I just don't like it sprung on me at the last second.

I cover my SN when I think about it, just because I can.............and the voices tell me to.

1. Someone could report the number stolen. Some liberal who is hawking this site.
2. The information could be used by someone disreputable to track you down and kill your family while you are out hunting because you said something on the ODT they disagreed with. Like "I served in the military."
3. Someone could make an illegal copy of your weapon/silencer/SBS/SBR using the serial number then dump it at a crime scene.
4. I am paranoid. :tinfoil3:

I have no problem with a bill of sale as long as my name is the only personal information on it. I may give my phone number but chances are he has that already anyway if we've gotten to that point. It's just a paper trail with both parties signatures on it. As been stated before if you don't trust the person you are trading a firearm too enough for that small amount of info you probably shouldn't do business with them in the first place.

That's not the issue Ken. It's about people asking for unneeded information for no reason other than they want it. What is your full legal name and address Ken?

The "original" issue was "why do people post pics and cover up the serial numbers on the guns".....don't remember no stinkin questions bout BOS!!!

That's not the issue Ken. It's about people asking for unneeded information for no reason other than they want it. What is your full legal name and address Ken?
No I was remarking on your "no BOS ever" and your remark of how you would give someone's personal information away to everyone.My opinion is that if a BOS is correct then there would be no damaging information given.

The thing is.. this kind of crap is what kills me. Why do you mark out your serial number? Why don't you sign a BOS? Why would you even OC and not CC? Why do you carry at all?

I'm going to answer this as best as I can... Because I made my own decission and I !@#$ing want to or do not want to.

The reason why I get along with a lot of guys here better than I do most people is that wehave that same mind set. "I made my own educated decisssion and I went with it." Those who ask why.. those who try to make other conform to the way the other person thinks are the people in which I think.. "Wait... why in the hell do you bash liberals but yet you act just like them?"

The "original" issue was "why do people post pics and cover up the serial numbers on the guns".....don't remember no stinkin questions bout BOS!!!

I'm with Chucklenut....Not attempting to hide them. Don't black them out. I just not Chopper and don't have the equipment or skill to photograph them well enough to show . :D I have 0 concerns if someone wanted to blow the pics up and get the serial numbers though.

Back
Top Bottom