• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tent Living ain’t that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To any lawyers reading this. **** you.
The winners in the divorce are the lawyers
The losers in the divorce are the kids
The two adults divorcing are going for 2nd and 3rd place.

The lower income earner usually gets 2nd place, supporting the whole damn divorce machine.

The winners in the divorce are the lawyers
The losers in the divorce are the kids
The two adults divorcing are going for 2nd and 3rd place.

The lower income earner usually gets 2nd place, supporting the whole damn divorce machine.
The kids get two Christmas's, and two birthdays. If they're lucky, the parents compete to give the better gifts or party. If that ain't winning I don't know what is.

If she croaks on you then you can collect her SS check. That's probably about it.

Heck no. Mine has a big fat 401k that I am now vested in. If she croaks, I get it. If she decides she wants to screw someone else, I get half.

When we got married she maxed out her 401k because my company didn’t offer one. 12 years later and I find myself with a tiny little amount of leverage.

Not really an issue though, because I’m fairly convinced if she wanted out she would just bring something home from work and give it to me while I am asleep.

Pro of marrying a microbiologist… they make decent money.

Cons if marrying a microbiologist… they have easy access to all sorts of **** that would cause a “natural death.”

Crap, now I’m never going to sleep again.

Everyone is not cut out for marriage. Pay for prostitutes and strippers and call it good.

I've said that multiple times on here and it has never been well received. Nobody can answer the most basic question though, how does the legal institution of marriage benefit men? And I'm not talking about monogamy or pair bonding, I mean the marriage contract with the state of Georgia. How does that benefit men?
The marriage contract is the beginning of something called a family. It may lead to something called children and grandchildren that take care of you when you get old and have to wear diapers. It gets you in the best filing status when you file income taxes.

Everyone is not cut out for marriage. Pay for prostitutes and strippers and call it good.

The marriage contract is the beginning of something called a family. It may lead to something called children and grandchildren that take care of you when you get old and have to wear diapers. It gets you in the best filing status when you file income taxes.

My father left the tech industry (the one I’m in now) to run assisted living facilities when I was in high school. Being the primary care giver for my grandmother when she had Alzheimer’s created a passion for helping the elderly.

He couldn’t stand the cutthroat nature of tech … but the cutthroat nature of the death industry and how most treat the aging/dying elders in their family ruined him on humanity for sure.

So, they say the greatest philosophical question is should one suicide themselves. After witnessing how most people handle end of life through my father, both he and I support personal euthanasia. He has told me as soon as he can no longer care for himself or starts to lose his mental facilities, he will make sure he takes care of things and is not a burden on his family. I am in the same boat.

It’s like that old voice in Pink Floyd’s Great Gig in the Sky - “I’m not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don’t mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There is no reason for it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom