• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanks Paulding County, for nothing!

It's her money! Not our money not funded by the government, she paid it. The government just put it in an account so they could use the interest while she worked. I might add she paid a lot more in than she'll get.

We are close enough in %
Read your above post again and read what you just posted. It's not even close to accurate. The public contributes almost TWICE what the employee contributes AND it's underfunded. You said it's all "her money" and she'll never see it. She'll get WAY more out of it than she ever contributed to it and 2/3's of it is PUBLIC money.
Again, this isn't about my respect for teachers. It's about the financial realities of what they get.

Read your above post again and read what you just posted. It's not even close to accurate. The public contributes almost TWICE what the employee contributes AND it's underfunded. You said it's all "her money" and she'll never see it. She'll get WAY more out of it than she ever contributed to it and 2/3's of it is PUBLIC money.
Again, this isn't about my respect for teachers. It's about the financial realities of what they get.

I stand corrected!

I stand corrected!

I might add. It's still not enough when you add all of this up!
the amount of time/labor they put in during a "normal" day, not to mention all the continuing education they are required to take. They're the only college graduates that I know that doesn't get "paid" for vacation/holidays etc. They are paid "only" for the days they work in the school, not even for "required" after school activities which can definetly add up a lot of hours.

In all reality they pay out more than they will ever get. Everyone I know gets paid for every minute they are on the job. Teachers are just expected to with no extra compensation.

So the average salary for a tenyered teacher is 50k. Divide it however you want but it's still the same in the end. I know this for a reason, I live with a teacher. Yes they work hard and yes they are typically under appreciated, but they are not underpaid.

Uh, yes they r very underpaid. My wife has about 8 years of college and I have none and I make more than she does. Teaching is a very thankless job !!

Wow! Either your mom is a horrible teacher or she raised a son that doesn't appreciate the work she does either. All the teachers I know work very hard and spend lots their own money to spend lots of their time in life to teach and help children to become productive citizens. On the other hand the ones of you who think they aren't deserving of more are the same ones that would scream and complain on the first day those same undeserving teachers didn't show up to baby sit your rotten little no problem causing angels.
Amen !!

Moved my business from Cobb to Paulding five years ago. Worst mistake I ever made. My building is worth less than I paid. The people DO NOT want progress here.
Teachers get little respect but here, I'm not surprised. Your wife needs to stay PROUD. She was needed, especially in Paulding County.

I do, and their contributions are probably 6 to 10% of their monthly check, notice i said monthly not weekly or bi weekly.Plus the social security they pay like the rest of us.
Its a thankless job if some of you want to admit it or not. The good ones do deserve more than a oatmeal cream pie.
How many of you work for a company that when it runs out of materials for a job, just expects you and the other employees to foot the bill for materials. Teachers have to do this all the time, they are always purchasing supplies that should be provided. And I might add the supplies shouldn't be supplied by the parents either, that's what taxes are for.

Guess Gwinnett county is just special. They don't pay social security.

I stand corrected!
Public pensions are better than any other pension (well, from the employees standpoint anyway).

I might add. It's still not enough when you add all of this up!

In all reality they pay out more than they will ever get. Everyone I know gets paid for every minute they are on the job. Teachers are just expected to with no extra compensation.
That's a whole different conversation. I don't know any exempt employees that get paid over time (myself included). People do EXACTLY what they want to do and weigh the cost/benefit everyday. Nobody is a slave. Are good LEO fairly compensated? Military? Hell is a surgeon that does life saving work fairly compensated? I'm sure from my perspective the guy that cleans out septic tanks is underpaid.
My only point was about the REALITY of their pensions. What's "fair" regarding overall compensation is a conversation I'm not going to be real good at as I've learned conversations about purely subjective things generally aren't going to go anywhere.
Anyway, thanks to all the GOOD teachers out there! :yo:

Back
Top Bottom