• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The 460 Rowland conversion.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
This is going to be the starting pistol a Springfield TRP. We are going to go from start to finish on this thing and see what we think about it. From putting it together to a little range time. I have been trying to research this stuff and I can't seem to get anyone to respond to my questions so I am going to have to answer them for myself and hopefully this will help anyone else who is interested in this weapon as well. At this point I am still waiting on the Clark customs 460 rowland kit to arrive. It should be here Monday or Tuesday then we can go to work on the review.

View attachment 293551View attachment 293552

Last edited:
Ha Ha. I don't like cast bullets and I don't trust buffalo bore ammunition bro. A little more than double the energy of a .45 acp is fine by me. Especially if it comes from a manufacturer I trust.

And I don't want to tear up the host by using ammunition loaded even hotter than the standard. Double .45+ is good enough.

Okay scardy cat

Subscribed.

So will the parts kit "drop in" or will you have to take it to a gunsmith for proper fitting?

That's a whole lotta hurt comin' out of the end of that barrel...

Subscribed.

So will the parts kit "drop in" or will you have to take it to a gunsmith for proper fitting?

That's a whole lotta hurt comin' out of the end of that barrel...
The kit should be drop in. But we will see when I get started putting this bad boy together. :)

I built a 460 Rowland on a Springfield Range Officer 3 years ago, what do you want to know. I still have it and have about 500 rounds for it. It is a wrist snapper, shoots lead well, and the kit works great. Factory ammo that is good, I like Buffalo Bore. Ask me what you want to know I have been shooting this set up a while.

Subscribed.

What all parts are required for the conversion? I can't imagine that a new barrel would be completely drop in. I would think that you would have to at least adjust the barrel link on it, and possibly the barrel bushing.

Back
Top Bottom