• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The "Deadly" 22lr

In that hour I drove over 75 miles. Now imagine if instead of driving I was intent on hurting you or those you love. Even once the pain started I was still able to drive a couple of more hours, go home and take a shower, and then drive myself to the hospital. I walked into the er without help after being shot directly in the knee.

Yes you read that correctly. I drove home and took a shower after being shot in the knee before driving myself to the hospital.
Seems like a fairly common occurrence to be shot and live or not even know you've been shot.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/06/28/man-didnt-know-was-shot-would.html

Traded a jennings to OS one time for ODT shirts.He traded it and the first time the new owner shot it,well it went full auto.Didnt shoot himself though. Kid in Clarkston stuck a 22 in her mouth and pulled the trigger,DRT.

I Think the 22 can get a psychological stop on a not so tough bad guy, but not a motivated threat. I bet a guy breaking in to steal your TV would be deterred with the bang and the knowledge he'd been hit, not knowing what hit him, but if he is very aggressive and intends to do you harm, doubtful a 22 would stop him without impeccable shot placement, which cannot be expected in a situation where you have a gallon of adrenalin pumping through your veins.

I Think the 22 can get a psychological stop on a not so tough bad guy, but not a motivated threat. I bet a guy breaking in to steal your TV would be deterred with the bang and the knowledge he'd been hit, not knowing what hit him, but if he is very aggressive and intends to do you harm, doubtful a 22 would stop him without impeccable shot placement, which cannot be expected in a situation where you have a gallon of adrenalin pumping through your veins.

Research the State Trooper Coates that shot the guy with a 357 mag several times and the bad guy shot the trooper with 1 round of the .22lr out of a NAA revolver. The Trooper died and the bad guy lived. Its all about shot placement. One round out of any caliber in the right place will end the fight.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/420-trooper-mark-hunter-coates

The POS killer later died in prison

Research the State Trooper Coates that shot the guy with a 357 mag several times and the bad guy shot the trooper with 1 round of the .22lr out of a NAA revolver. The Trooper died and the bad guy lived. Its all about shot placement. One round out of any caliber in the right place will end the fight.
Agreed, but I think we can all agree that is an edge case - not common. I know that I can't trust myself with perfect shot placement in a high stress situation.

If he's breaking in my house, he'll more than likely get a load of 12 ga buckshot in the face.

I hear you. I was referring to the "pointed stick " in the post you quoted. I have seen first hand what a 22 mag ( not a 22lr ) can do to a man. I've also seen a 22 short ( shot by a guy with a nuisance permit) drop a deer in it's tracks. I also saw him shoot one with a 22lr behind the shoulder, it ran 20 yards or so and fell over dead.
A pointed stick has killed many deer too so you failed to make a point.

Back
Top Bottom