The frustrating part of the ammo shortage

Perhaps you shouldn't have purchased a gun for which there was no ammunition. It looks like the wisdom of the "most" was false.

Which caliber can't you find?

Where did I say I couldn't find it? I can find it, it's just a lot of it is priced way above it should be. As stated several times in the thread, I see no reason why Joe Bob's LGS can have a box of 50 for $ 21.....then Betty Boop's down the street has the same for $ 37. I don't buy into the whole "well, they have families to feed, blah blah blah". Especially since both shops are roughly the same size, carry the same types of product and have essentially the same employee numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing most of you that are *****ing about prices in the current environment are the same types of people that don't understand why a beer costs more at a baseball game than in the grocery store.

ROFLMAO. So there's a shortage of beer? People are going out and buying up any spare beer they can and then turning around and selling it for a huge profit?

Last edited:
I was at a gun store on Bufford Hwy, which will go nameless, and they were wanting $34 for a 50 round box of UMC 9mm! I laughed... There is market demand and then there is gouging... This is gouging and I will never go back! My hat goes off to Academy Sports as they have been the best about keeping the costs passed to the customers down I think.

We need an ammunition redistribution program. The government should step in and take the ammo away from those greedy profiteers and give it to those who deserve it more. I'm sure the millions of Americans that have joined the gun community in the last few months, and the fact that DHS has an active contract for 1.6 billion rounds of pistol caliber ammunition have nothing to do with the supply drying up. It is unreasonable to think that a consumable commodity, used for recreation, should be left on the shelf, at a price well below fair market value, until you are able to get to that store and happily pay the price you are used to paying. If you can demonstrate to me your NEED for the ammo, then that's different. If you NEED the ammo to hunt and provide food for your family, if you NEED the ammo to protect your family against some threat, then i will give it to you. Moreover, i will help you hunt, clean, prepare, and cook the game. i will stand beside you against any threat, perceived or real, foreign or domestic. It seems a logical stretch for someone to be for the freedom to keep and bare arms, yet against the freedom of open markets. If you want what you want, when you want it, at the price you want to pay, that's really just another type of Entitlement mentality.

We need an ammunition redistribution program. The government should step in and take the ammo away from those greedy profiteers and give it to those who deserve it more. I'm sure the millions of Americans that have joined the gun community in the last few months, and the fact that DHS has an active contract for 1.6 billion rounds of pistol caliber ammunition have nothing to do with the supply drying up. It is unreasonable to think that a consumable commodity, used for recreation, should be left on the shelf, at a price well below fair market value, until you are able to get to that store and happily pay the price you are used to paying. If you can demonstrate to me your NEED for the ammo, then that's different. If you NEED the ammo to hunt and provide food for your family, if you NEED the ammo to protect your family against some threat, then i will give it to you. Moreover, i will help you hunt, clean, prepare, and cook the game. i will stand beside you against any threat, perceived or real, foreign or domestic. It seems a logical stretch for someone to be for the freedom to keep and bare arms, yet against the freedom of open markets. If you want what you want, when you want it, at the price you want to pay, that's really just another type of Entitlement mentality.

It really sucks when you try to be clever and it just comes out as a sub-par pro-capitalism/freedom rant that has been done far better before.

can you logically dispute any of my points? it seems that there are 2 sides to this issue, those that are emotionally invested and those that are logically interested. in these situations, there is usually no middle ground. I think that is the case here. i am open to a logical discourse, and to learning a different way of seeing things. i am definitely no statesman and there are certainly 1000s of books that make these points more eloquently. Does my lack of eloquence dismiss my logic? Can you make any logical points for your side of the issue, or are you limited to emotional retorts?

Where did I say I couldn't find it? I can find it, it's just a lot of it is priced way above it should be. As stated several times in the thread, I see no reason why Joe Bob's LGS can have a box of 50 for $ 21.....then Betty Boop's down the street has the same for $ 37. I don't buy into the whole "well, they have families to feed, blah blah blah". Especially since both shops are roughly the same size, carry the same types of product and have essentially the same employee numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFLMAO. So there's a shortage of beer? People are going out and buying up any spare beer they can and then turning around and selling it for a huge profit?

Well then I guess I won't offer any ammo to you cheap then.

If you aren't willing to pay the going price for beer in the stadium, guess what, there is a shortage. Pay up or do without. Sound familiar?

Last edited:
can you logically dispute any of my points? it seems that there are 2 sides to this issue, those that are emotionally invested and those that are logically interested. in these situations, there is usually no middle ground. I think that is the case here. i am open to a logical discourse, and to learning a different way of seeing things. i am definitely no statesman and there are certainly 1000s of books that make these points more eloquently. Does my lack of eloquence dismiss my logic? Can you make any logical points for your side of the issue, or are you limited to emotional retorts?

I just don't care and think both sides opinions should be kept to one's selves. What you wrote is not on subject with the thread title. Why don't you start a thread about "free" markets? And don't forget to talk about the 20, 000 laws and regulations controlling this "free" market.

I was at a gun store on Bufford Hwy, which will go nameless, and they were wanting $34 for a 50 round box of UMC 9mm! I laughed... There is market demand and then there is gouging... This is gouging and I will never go back! My hat goes off to Academy Sports as they have been the best about keeping the costs passed to the customers down I think.

Ya better check the definition of gouging before standing on the mountain top making proclamations.

Of all the forums on the interweb to find such a majority *****ing about wanting welfare, or goods for below market value because it "just ain't fair", I never would have guessed it to be this one.

Here. Anybody who wants it, it's yours.

uploadfromtaptalk1369669056648.jpg

Back
Top Bottom