The frustrating part of the ammo shortage

I roll all my centerfire ammo. I bought all of the componets before the liberal's hero was elected.But who would have thought that 22lr ammo would be this hard to find.I know now that I should have stocked up on it but I refuse to pay the current prices.I sell the guns first and buy more centerfire guns.

Happiness is being a reloader with supplies and a progressive press set up in each caliber you shoot, 9mm, 40, 45 & 556
lead is cheap and effective enough to use for any purpose and wheel weights are almost free so molding & loading is a very
useful hobby these days.
And sorry, but no, not selling any bullets.

Reloading is something I definitely want to get into, once I finish my section of the basement.

If you want, I can meet you at GA arms. You could buy 500rds of .45 and 9mm 500rds and I can buy 500rds of 9mm and 500rds of .45 and we can help each other. Since they have 500rds limit.

I appreciate the offer. Once I get up some more money, I will definitely have to do this.

Or let me know, I'm 15 minutes away from em. :D

So I was supposed to plan ahead to purchase a caliber for a weapon that I didn't even own at the time and wasn't sure I ever would?

That's what most of us would call foolish spending.

LOL! The main reason I have a .270 is because it was the only ammo I could find at a decent price for a while, so I stocked up. THEN I found a gun to fit it. LOL!

I think I have my opinion pretty well known on other threads regarding ammo flippers, but I will chime in here too.

There is a big difference between someone that decides to sell some of their existing stock of ammo at a higher than retail price and a ammo flipper that goes around and buys up all of the ammo at stores with full intention of selling at 2 - 3 times retail price. The fact that the flipper is contributing to the ammo shortage that is causing the increased price makes them a profiteer.

I think this site is supposed to be a group of like minded people discussing their common interests and buying / selling / trading products with one another. Not a place for people to join and never contribute to any discussions and make a ton of money flipping 50,000 rounds of ammo at 2 - 3 times retail price.

Back
Top Bottom