The frustrating part of the ammo shortage

My bro wanted me to go to Quickshots with him a few hrs ago. I have never been there. One of the guns I brought was a ruger markIII. Out of ammo, I asked for 100rds of CCI standard velocity 22lr. They gave me the box, and added it to the tab. Went to check out and it was $19.XX for that 100rnds of 22! $19!!! Thats 19c a round for what 7.62x39 was going for last year. I feel more ashamed then anything buying 100rds of 22lr for $19+. Dont plan on ever going back there.

My bro wanted me to go to Quickshots with him a few hrs ago. I have never been there. One of the guns I brought was a ruger markIII. Out of ammo, I asked for 100rds of CCI standard velocity 22lr. They gave me the box, and added it to the tab. Went to check out and it was $19.XX for that 100rnds of 22! $19!!! Thats 19c a round for what 7.62x39 was going for last year. I feel more ashamed then anything buying 100rds of 22lr for $19+. Dont plan on ever going back there.

That is a little different. They can not get enough stock to keep inventory, so they raise the prices to the point that people will not be inclined to buy all of it. That way the maximum amount of people have access to the limited resource. The definition of the capitalistic economic system. What if they sold at the normal price - they would be cleaned out and you would have had no rounds to shoot.

That being said, they should have told you how much the 100 rounds were BEFORE you shot them.

Last edited:
That being said, they should have told you how much the 100 rounds were BEFORE you shot them.

Sorry, but in these times if you don't ask what a range is about to charge you for 22LR, then well, don't blame the range.

Bulls eye in L'ville has kept their ammo pretty reasonable. I think it's the best place on this side of Atlanta to get ammo. 22LR is the only thing I have never bought there though.

Sorry, but in these times if you don't ask what a range is about to charge you for 22LR, then well, don't blame the range.

Bulls eye in L'ville has kept their ammo pretty reasonable. I think it's the best place on this side of Atlanta to get ammo. 22LR is the only thing I have never bought there though.

I agree about Bullseye. I bought some 380 there not to long ago and got a good deal on a few boxes. Waiting for someone to get it is another story since they were packed that day :)

Delicious irony from a liberal. LOL!

Most of the Liberal shooters I know also identified the current short way ahead of time. How couldn't you? The same thing happened after the election in 2008.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....right?
There's hardly any irony there. I identified causation and result, and planned accordingly.

So I was supposed to plan ahead to purchase a caliber for a weapon that I didn't even own at the time and wasn't sure I ever would?

That's what most of us would call foolish spending.

Perhaps you shouldn't have purchased a gun for which there was no ammunition. It looks like the wisdom of the "most" was false.

Which caliber can't you find?

I'm guessing most of you that are *****ing about prices in the current environment are the same types of people that don't understand why a beer costs more at a baseball game than in the grocery store.

Most of the Liberal shooters I know also identified the current short way ahead of time. How couldn't you? The same thing happened after the election in 2008.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....right?
There's hardly any irony there. I identified causation and result, and planned accordingly.

Why would you vote for someone who is pretty much anti-Constitution?

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I find it mind boggling that someone who is supposedly pro 2A and loves guns would vote for a President who wants to do everything in his power to remove that right from you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom