• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the historic mall ninja!

CBH13

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
164   0
Reaction score
no not really but sure looks the part! I stumbled upon these while doing some googlefu. I know all about m1 carbines, and knew the m2 were the select fire models so it got me wondering. . . was there ever an m3? turns out yes! according to what I can find they took some of the m2 ones and added a mount for night vision and ended up with these bad boys. thought it was pretty interesting myself

www.recoilweb.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_04_BE_Meyers_Legacy004.jpg

One of the reasons that they used the M1 Carbine for these early NV platforms is because of how heavy the equipment was.

That's the rig that killed Bob Swagger's Daddy, Earl. Sad day.......

Wait... what?

The book "Black Light" by Stephen Hunter. Earl Swagger was an Arkansas State Trooper and former Marine Medal of Honor recipient. His son was Bob Lee Swagger, Marine Sniper/Vietnam vet.

Forget the movie and the TV series.....the Swagger books by Stephen Hunter are uniformly outstanding!

The book "Black Light" by Stephen Hunter. Earl Swagger was an Arkansas State Trooper and former Marine Medal of Honor recipient. His son was Bob Lee Swagger, Marine Sniper/Vietnam vet.

Forget the movie and the TV series.....the Swagger books by Stephen Hunter are uniformly outstanding!
Yeah, I'm a fan. That's why I was like, uh, "Sad day..."? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom