• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The List of Offensive Shooting Range Stereotypes

I haven't really seen any of these types at the range. Maybe I just don't pay that much attention to who is there. I show up with a couple guns and all the ammo I intend to use. Once I am out of ammo, I clean up the area I used and leave. I've noticed several of these types hanging around the gun counter, but never actually using the range.

Me Too!
The guy you don't see at the range is the guy who actually knows alot about guns, ammo, shooting and defense. The guy that doesn't show you what he shoots, doesn't go on and on trying to convince you his brand of new plastic pistol is the best to make him feel superior about him self. probably owns or owned one of everything to get a real comparison of what ever he carries. Because this guy invested wisely and owns his own shooting range and doesn't invite any of the above guys to shoot. Because he is the most interesting man in the world.
I don't always shoot guns, but when I do I shoot accurately.

I have been referred to as the leprechaun cause i wore a green shirt, had a beard, and talked smack the whole time at a pin shoot. took me a while to get it cause i'm 6'1 but ya know.

if you're not competing there's no point, and if you don't talk smack while competing there's even less of a point.

I fit more into the "loner" stereotype:

I go there to shoot, not talk to you. You ask me a question , Ill answer it and go back to what I was doing. When I finish I leave. I dont want to see your kimber. I could care less really. I also dont want to hear your two cents about how the AK is out dated and I should "upgrade" to an AR. Thats why I thank god I dont have to go to public ranges.

I tried putting myself into one of those categories but I really don't fit. I suppose I could be a mix of about 3 of them but not to the extremes.

I love it. These posts are great and I actually laughed. What about "The Family" group that shoots at ranges on the weekends?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom