• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Monos Are Moving to Denver

Stock up on .44 mag and 10mm guns/ammo. I would bet they must be a premium in Colorado with all of the sketchy scary wildlife roaming the mountains!!!

We discussed it at length, not worth the risk to us. At my age (59) I am not really considered all that "hireable" and I would be giving up a really good salary and about 6 weeks PTO per year to start over at the bottom.

Denver to Greenville by air is about $100 so I can fly out to see my Mom and Mrs. Monos's parents will be visiting as often as they can. We plan on buying a house that we can make an in-law suite in the basement so they can eventually move out if they want.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk. I'd be glad to offer any helpful suggestions regarding the area that I can.

We've been here since 1992 and seen the growth and crazy that's come. Unfortunately, more crazy is coming. While a lot of the crazy is coasities, they are many conservative Californians fleeing here too. However, if we weren't grounded here with a grandson, we'd probably be out. I can work with internet access and a regional airport within 1-2 hours drive for the 20-30% travel I do. Then again, I'm (hopefully) just a few years from retirement myself.

Traffic here, if you're crossing town, is dreadful. For us, that's one of the biggest factors in where you choose to live. I work from home or fly, the wife works 3 miles from the house right here in town.

We live very near downtown Parker (though not the town proper, surrounded on three sides) and the mid 80's built houses in our subdivision are going for crazy money. Plus side, no HOA or covenants (can be a downside too).

There's a healthy shooting community out here, places to shoot, TONS of competition, pistol, 3-gun, LR, etc. Most folks hang out online at https://www.ar-15.co Super community.

Public shooting areas are dwindling, some of our favorite spots have been closed to shooting but there are still plenty of state and national forest land to shoot in. Big game hunting and fishing here is amazing.

FWIW, the recently passed ODT member ByteStryke was from here and was a very active member in the gun culture here.

Stock up on .44 mag and 10mm guns/ammo. I would bet they must be a premium in Colorado with all of the sketchy scary wildlife roaming the mountains!!!

You don't need 10mm to take down a vagabond. ;-)

FWIW, most of the cool kids carry 45LC hardcast for bear guns here. ;-) For as long as I've been hunting big game, never seen one black bear here myself.

Good luck finding land for that. You can grow 6 plants per household member at your home for personal consumption, but then you can't pass a 4473 if you use.
My aunt and uncle live outside of Denver. He used to be on the army. Got hurt real bad by an IED overseas. All kinds of back and kidney problems. He has what looks like a jungle of pot plants in his back yard. It’s crazy.

My aunt and uncle live outside of Denver. He used to be on the army. Got hurt real bad by an IED overseas. All kinds of back and kidney problems. He has what looks like a jungle of pot plants in his back yard. It’s crazy.
Should have mentioned that he smokes pot because it helps with the pain.

Life throws you changes. I moved to Florida earlier this year. When you work in public safety and it's hurricane season, Florida is not that wonderful of a place to be...

Not sure your age, but the job market right now is incredibly hot. I wouldn’t discount the 30 week severance while you look for a gig in Atlanta. Good time to be in the job market as good talent is in high demand.

I forgot the name of the gun shop, but the owner is a huge..uge...AK guy. He has almost every make AK displayed on the wall on the second level, and from what the help told me, none were for sale.

Back
Top Bottom