• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The Monos Are Moving to Denver

Wish you the best of luck. We packed up and left Colorado 2 years ago after 10 years out there. I could no longer stomach being a prisoner to their crazy ideals, politics, traffic, and taxes. It's a beautiful place but after the newness wears off the rest of it is just depressing.... And it's only getting worse. The snowflake liberals are moving there by the train load every day.

Not sure your age, but the job market right now is incredibly hot. I wouldn’t discount the 30 week severance while you look for a gig in Atlanta. Good time to be in the job market as good talent is in high demand.
That really has not proven out for the folks that got caught up in the last RIF here.....but all of those that caught the RIF in Denver have gotten good jobs.
Wish you the best of luck. We packed up and left Colorado 2 years ago after 10 years out there. I could no longer stomach being a prisoner to their crazy ideals, politics, traffic, and taxes. It's a beautiful place but after the newness wears off the rest of it is just depressing.... And it's only getting worse. The snowflake liberals are moving there by the train load every day.
Thanks, I think we need to try to balance that with a bunch of gun totin conservatives moving out there too. Several folks in my office, many in fact, feel the way I do on politics.
Life throws you changes. I moved to Florida earlier this year. When you work in public safety and it's hurricane season, Florida is not that wonderful of a place to be...
If we had our druthers, we would be in Tampa right now.....in a nice little castle off of Race Track Road north of Westchase.

Good luck,hard decisions are never easy.i would write 10 reasons to go and 10 not to go.and see which one is the heaviest.

My aunt and uncle live outside of Denver. He used to be on the army. Got hurt real bad by an IED overseas. All kinds of back and kidney problems. He has what looks like a jungle of pot plants in his back yard. It’s crazy.

I have a close friend that grows in his greenhouse. The harvest is insane. He partakes, wife just uses CBD oils and "elixirs" they make. I'm totally not opposed to the use and did so myself quite a bit when younger, but the legalization and pot shops have NOT been good for Colorado.

I forgot the name of the gun shop, but the owner is a huge..uge...AK guy. He has almost every make AK displayed on the wall on the second level, and from what the help told me, none were for sale.

You're not talking about Mel "Dragonman" Bernstein are you?

He's a total nutter, fraud, thief, and is not well thought of around here at all.

FWIW, his wife was killed by an explosion at the range during filming of a reality show based on that ****show... Never aired.

Or maybe you're talking about someone else, so ...nevermind.

Tres Monos….Have friends in the Centennial area of Denver, let me know if I can help with housing, relocation, anything else. They are retired, so not active like real estate sales people. I have spent some time there and it is OK, but pretty much like every other large city with its problems. I was there for a couple winters, wanted to see if the locals really could drive on the snow.....NOPE....they were pathetic. Apparently they thought if they bought a Jeep or anything with 4 wheel drive, they could do anything. Lots of them in the medians of the interstates, some on their roofs.

The creeping liberalism would veto it for me. All the Cali types who ****ed up that state are now trying to **** up Colorado.

Age 59, I would look at doing some consulting work rather than a traditional job. Pays better and if the spouse has a job that provides group insurance for the family you are golden. I got "downsized" from a traditional job in Atl at about age 50, went into consulting for another 15 years and never looked back. Allowed me to form my own one man consulting company....LLC....and salt away a bunch of money for retirement. In hindsight, the best thing that happened to me.

Let me know if I can help.

Tres Monos….Have friends in the Centennial area of Denver, let me know if I can help with housing, relocation, anything else. They are retired, so not active like real estate sales people. I have spent some time there and it is OK, but pretty much like every other large city with its problems. I was there for a couple winters, wanted to see if the locals really could drive on the snow.....NOPE....they were pathetic. Apparently they thought if they bought a Jeep or anything with 4 wheel drive, they could do anything. Lots of them in the medians of the interstates, some on their roofs.

The creeping liberalism would veto it for me. All the Cali types who ****ed up that state are now trying to **** up Colorado.

Age 59, I would look at doing some consulting work rather than a traditional job. Pays better and if the spouse has a job that provides group insurance for the family you are golden. I got "downsized" from a traditional job in Atl at about age 50, went into consulting for another 15 years and never looked back. Allowed me to form my own one man consulting company....LLC....and salt away a bunch of money for retirement. In hindsight, the best thing that happened to me.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks, I certainly will.

You're not talking about Mel "Dragonman" Bernstein are you?

He's a total nutter, fraud, thief, and is not well thought of around here at all.

FWIW, his wife was killed by an explosion at the range during filming of a reality show based on that ****show... Never aired.

Or maybe you're talking about someone else, so ...nevermind.

Lol, yeah he is a nut job, but has a hell of a collection. I lived in Black Forest so not too far from him.

You Brutal from CO AR15 forum? My user name over there is MtnRider. Still visit it once n a while.

Sounds just like Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom