• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The NC House Passes a Bill to Ban "Squatted" Trucks

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
It's about time...lol.

Legislators in North Carolina have set their sights on a controversial automotive trend growing in popularity...the "Carolina Squat". A bill passed by the state's House of Representatives and sent to its Senate would modify the vehicle code to specifically ban suspension modifications that both raise the front-end of the vehicle and lower the rear—the key signature of a squatted truck.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/40913/north-carolina-considering-bill-to-ban-squatted-trucks

Squat-Hero-2.jpg

Even though it's a dumb waste of time to make that a law, I can sort of see why for safety reasons. Some of the one's I've seen here I can't figure out how the driver can even see in front when they're pointing up towards the sky. And they probably handle like garbage being off balance like that.

Not when jacked up headlights bliden the oncoming drivers.
The ones I've seen are aimed at the moon.
But to your point, that's a different problem. Adjust the lights to a standard illumination angle. (Center of illumination must be no higher than "x" inches at '"y" feet from vehicle) Which I agree, has 'reasonable' merit for legislation.
Saying you can't legally make yourself like an idiot is just another unnecessary law. We have enough of those already. (And there will always be a better idiot). I think NC is just embarrassed that the lunacy has their state's name attached to it. :lol:
Plus the language in the law, as pointed out in the article, is horribly written.

It is about the single dumbest "trend" I've seen in my short 55 years.
Whew.... now THAT would be a hard one to pick. Most idiotic trend in the last 55 years? Dang.....
If we eliminate worshipping the mentally ill, I'm going to have to still go with wearing your pants hanging off your rear end. That one apparently has had staying power yet is still a head shaker.
If we're talking automotive only, coffee can mufflers on econo boxes making racket and going no where always gives a chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom