• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The ODT isn't what it use to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the link to the dogs on the raccoon. Sorry if it offended you or anyone else. I don't even know what part of the country it happened in or who posted it. The only reason I linked it here is that I have seen large raccoons in my neighborhood challenging neighbor's dogs and was wondering (seriously) if I should be prepared for that type of encounter if it got into my 8ft enclosure (with no way out).

Is this happening in broad daylight? If so, it/they are most likely rabid. I doubt if you would ever be cornered by a raccoon unless they are rabid but just to be safe, keep your outside garbage cans at the end of the driveway or in the garage if you have one. They are like bears when it comes to dumpster diving. They will take any opportunity for a free meal but this usually happens at night. If you have outside garbage cans they will find them and scavenge. Also, if you are out in the open and cornered by any rabid animal, coyote, racoon, fox, etc. it is a good idea to remove a garment, hat, jacket, shirt, anything to hold out in front of you. If they get close enough to attack they can very possibly grab the garment and run with it. I have seen this happen and never forgot about it. Of course if you have a firearm on you, take the animal out.

We had 3 pet raccoons when I was a kid. My Dad found them abandoned as babies and after a couple days of feeding them brought them home. They are cool animals. Heck I know a guy that has a raccoon in his house. And I thought I was a redneck.

Youre right biker, the trolls be a trollin'... but it gives us a chance to fit the glorious cap of duncery on them!

As for Bypass, I'm not sure he's left the building. I think he's "taking a Ross and Rachael break" as you can see from his profile that he's logged in since then. Don't sweat the small stuff biker. Your respect and love for this site is genuinely appreciated.
We can't see that....you can.

Really? You can't see last activity on profiles?

Last activity, (posting) yes. Last log in, no. I just looked at your profile and saw your last post but not when you logged in. Normally I would not look for stuff like that anyway so maybe I missed something. Just answering your question.

Ya'll have the idiot in there now to tell you how things are going to be.

I'm not sure who you are calling an Idiot but whoever it is you can surely use better words that are more descriptive and less insulting so we will actually know who you are talking about next time :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom