• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official First Deer Thread

Thanks for letting me share that, I know not the post to be a pissing contest but I'm just a good ole boy who mainly hunts public land so Ill likely not get another like him anyhow but who knows. Great thread guys and hope to see all the first kills this year and talk alot of hunting. I plan on putting that Rifle I got off Vega to good use this year as well!!!

From that bear bow your holding it looks to be around 2008? And I stand corrected THATS a stud!!!
Was my first bow yup its a 400 dollar Bear bow haha. I think that bow was a 2009 model this is 11-11-2011 I knew that am was gonna be lucky haha. that cheapo bow Killed um just as dead as the Matthews I have to have for some reason now lol.

Was my first bow yup its a 400 dollar Bear bow haha. I think that bow was a 2009 model this is 11-11-2011 I knew that am was gonna be lucky haha. that cheapo bow Killed um just as dead as the Matthews I have to have for some reason now lol.
Hey bud I ain't knocking the bear, reason I asked was cause i love em, I went to a pro shop in Anderson sc. And tried out all their high dollar Mathews PSE Hoyt even the lower end mission and diamond bows... Then I shot the Bear Game Over and believe me or not I "Robin Hooded" slid the second carbon 400 right through the knock of the first carbon 400!!! I was sold on the spot.. $874+ later I was headed home with a RTH Bear package, got my first archery kill that season, I loved it, even talked a couple of my "if it ain't Mathews or bowtech it ain't $hit" buddies into buying one.. It lasted me 3 seasons before I needed to restring it, then traded it on a Mathews DXT but I'll always love that "cheap Bear" Good luck this season (doesn't look like you'll need it) lol

Hey bud I ain't knocking the bear, reason I asked was cause i love em, I went to a pro shop in Anderson sc. And tried out all their high dollar Mathews PSE Hoyt even the lower end mission and diamond bows... Then I shot the Bear Game Over and believe me or not I "Robin Hooded" slid the second carbon 400 right through the knock of the first carbon 400!!! I was sold on the spot.. $874+ later I was headed home with a RTH Bear package, got my first archery kill that season, I loved it, even talked a couple of my "if it ain't Mathews or bowtech it ain't $hit" buddies into buying one.. It lasted me 3 seasons before I needed to restring it, then traded it on a Mathews DXT but I'll always love that "cheap Bear" Good luck this season (doesn't look like you'll need it) lol
Yeah I didn't take it as yah knocking it. I'm the same way I haven't shot that bow in years I used a zx extreme last two years but switched to a no cam last january, I have not killed anything with it yet tho but it shoots slow and stead like i like lol

Did pretty good on Chatahoochee WMA yesterday evening
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom