• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official Truck Picture Thread..

I think it depends on how long you plan to keep the truck. Vinyl may be cheaper, but it shrinks and peels over time. You might be surprised to find that the price of painting is comparable, especially since you're painting small removable parts.
You know of a body shop that’ll paint over chrome? Cheaper to buy paintable parts and get em done. once they grind the chrome off, sand, prime and block em you’re in 7-8 hours of labor plus materials.

But even with paintable parts that’s still 5x the cost of wrapping it

quotes:
$2285 to get paintable parts and paint em and install em
$400 to wrap

Oct.2009 006.JPG
Oct.2009 008.JPG

You know of a body shop that’ll paint over chrome? Cheaper to buy paintable parts and get em done. once they grind the chrome off, sand, prime and block em you’re in 7-8 hours of labor plus materials.

But even with paintable parts that’s still 5x the cost of wrapping it

quotes:
$2285 to get paintable parts and paint em and install em
$400 to wrap

I wouldn't hesitate to paint chromed parts. The quality of paint products these days should provide a long life span. A member here @Willy Leadwell owns a body shop in Conyers and will be able to help.

I wouldn't hesitate to paint chromed parts. The quality of paint products these days should provide a long life span. A member here @Willy Leadwell owns a body shop in Conyers and will be able to help.
Good to know. My body shop has done great work for me in the past and they have color matched plastic door handles etc for me. But he said they don’t touch chrome because it just doesn’t work that well.

I’ve actually done a deal with that member so I’ll message him. Thanks again

Edit: I can’t seem to PM him

Good to know. My body shop has done great work for me in the past and they have color matched plastic door handles etc for me. But he said they don’t touch chrome because it just doesn’t work that well.

I’ve actually done a deal with that member so I’ll message him. Thanks again

Edit: I can’t seem to PM him
That’s what I was told to about the chrome.

That’s what I was told to about the chrome.
I'm sure there are plenty of shops that prefer to not deal with chrome. Most chrome on current cars is coated plastic, and it may be that some types of paint will cause the chrome foil to peel. The truth is they sell primer that allows you to paint over glass, so I'm sure that the right product will work.

Did he give you a deal like I got?
Did he give you a deal like I got?
Not even close lol I'm still sore, but they couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I went to Gainesville. They had to get it from Spartanburg. Apparently a stick shift, white, trd off road, is a pain in the butt to find?

Back
Top Bottom