• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The "Official" word from the Bureau

You all obviously hate children.

And bunnies.

And any other small, innocent, defenseless creature that would be put at risk with your risky and insensitive proposal.

The bureau is only looking out for our best interests. And bunnies.

Please remember there is balance here. A a manufacturer my items get done almost overnight, Form 2s and 3s take about a day now if I process them electronically.

However I have observed that the ATF administrative side on the processing is continually under budgeted. This also keeps them from having complete electronic records of every gun transaction. Which I like. I also know they have added staff and things do seem to getting better but the number of submissions also seems to be growing every day.

Near as I can tell there were about 10K Suppressor form 2s submitted electronically the first week of this month. That is a lot of paperwork.

Please remember there is balance here. A a manufacturer my items get done almost overnight, Form 2s and 3s take about a day now if I process them electronically.

However I have observed that the ATF administrative side on the processing is continually under budgeted. This also keeps them from having complete electronic records of every gun transaction. Which I like. I also know they have added staff and things do seem to getting better but the number of submissions also seems to be growing every day.

Near as I can tell there were about 10K Suppressor form 2s submitted electronically the first week of this month. That is a lot of paperwork.
Those people at NFA branch work their butts off . Nobody gives them credit for the huge amount of work they do.

If it makes anyone feel better, the VA is just as slow. I had to wait nearly 8 months just to get a copy of my complete medical records from the VA just to file a claim. Another 7 months to get the claim approved and 6 months later, still havent received all my money. If I had bought an NFA item at every step of the way, I'd have and be using at least 2 of them by now.

Back
Top Bottom