• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The renewed lever action rifle fetish

wolfmanrogers

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I understand the nostalgia, and the fact that Marlin is no longer building rifles, but what’s the deal with the fetishism over lever action rifles, lately? Lots of companies are cranking out their own versions, and for the life of me I can’t figure out what the allure is, especially with these new versions that don’t have any history.

They're a classic, well proven, and reliable platform available in a variety of calibers that require no additional parts to operate....much like a wheel gun. What's not to like about that?

Sometimes it takes a new generation to renew an interest in a certain weapon type or Hollywood movies can certainly re-spark an interest too.

They're a classic, well proven, and reliable platform available in a variety of calibers that require no additional parts to operate....much like a wheel gun. What's not to like about that?

Sometimes it takes a new generation to renew an interest in a certain weapon type or Hollywood movies can certainly re-spark an interest too.
I agree with that. I just can’t figure out what brought on the sudden resurgence in popularity.

You've kicked the hive. Don't question that a lever gun in a pistol cartridge is the greatest combat carbine of all time. Next up is a lever gun in 10 mm with a removable 40 round magazine.
I'm not questioning the efficacy of the chamberings, usefulness, appeal, any of that. Just, why did they recently see a huge increase in popularity?

I think it was this thread:

I'm sure the old Western movies with John Wayne/Audie Murphy/and the like influenced a number of folks too.

Did you hear turntables and vinyl are also making a comeback? Explain that one.
I understand the love for all of the old Winchester lever actions, Marlins, Henrys, etc...but this thing?

I'm sure the old Western movies with John Wayne/Audie Murphy/and the like influenced a number of folks too.

Did you hear turntables and vinyl are also making a comeback? Explain that one.
Turntables and vinyl have always been popular with me. I love ‘em.

I’m not so curious about the popularity of lever guns. They are cool. The part I wonder about is the prices. To each their own. I’m not spending $1000 on a .30/30.

Back
Top Bottom