• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The renewed lever action rifle fetish

surprised no one mentioned it..

John Wick 4. The Tracker/Mr. Nobody. Marlin 1894 Tactial lever gun was his weapon of choice. MadPig customs made the rifle (with help from Wild West Guns and a few other companies).

BHP I think nailed it on the head. Marlin was always seen as the main player in the lever gun field (winchester replicas) and when they were not a good option (remlin) or when they were gone for a while, it was simple supply and demand. the JM stamped guns went way up in price. Now with Ruger making them again in limited quantities, and more people looking for them, it's generated a lot more interest (and higher prices) for the lever guns.

Personally I really like mine. If you start to shoot suppressed, the lever guns made a lot more sense to me. Semi Auto you gunk up the actions in most styles, plus you have more noise because of the action, etc. It's only in the past couple of years that it became feasible to suppress a lever gun (usually the loading tube under the barrel was in the way from doing a simple threading job).

A lever gun is like a bolt action, there's no action noise, it runs much cleaner, and you can cycle the action much faster than any bolt gun while keeping your head in place on the rifle. Plus you can shoot pistol caliber (38/44) for super quiet, or even go into the "big boy" calibers and factory subsonic ammo (45-70 subs from Hornady).

I ordered a Marlin/Ruger dark a few weeks ago, no idea when it will get here, but I've got 45-70 brass on the way and will order a Primal soon to stick on the front. I've always wanted a 45-70 so it was time for me to step up.

I have always liked levers. Most of my friends assume I have a closet full of AR's and plastic guns. nope, mostly levers. 22lr, 32-20, 218 bee, 30/30, 45 colt, 348, 38/357, 44mag, and 32 win special. Had to add a 45-70. :)

What’s not to love?
IMG_5101.jpeg

I personally like the more traditional levers over the tactical models. But the looks of some of them appeal to me lately. The main reason I love them is I can carry a lever and revolver chambered the same in the woods and stick to one ammo that day. My issue is once you start you need them all and that can be a lifetime pursuit!

Attachments

• Levers.JPG
    Levers.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 12
I personally like the more traditional levers over the tactical models. But the looks of some of them appeal to me lately. The main reason I love them is I can carry a lever and revolver chambered the same in the woods and stick to one ammo that day. My issue is once you start you need them all and that can be a lifetime pursuit!
I think guys like you have more fun with the hobby. Knowing what you like and sticking with it is cool. I should have done more of this years ago. I decided to try everything I could get my hands on, and after years of that, I came back full circle to what I liked in the beginning. It’s still been fun, though.

Nice collection!

Back
Top Bottom