• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The renewed lever action rifle fetish

PXL_20231107_013534229.jpg

This was my great, great grandpa's 1873 in .38-40. Still in shooting condition with a clean bore and a smooth action. Just looking at it makes me happy!

I’ve always thought lever actions were cool. And falling block actions. And many other actions. And anything grotesquely over engineered. I’m just a rifle nerd.

I have a Winchester 30/30 set up to look just like ole John Wayne’s gun he carried in most of his westerns.

Weekend I got it I took it to a little gun range at a friends house. During a a run, cover, shoot senario it was amazingly accurate, and easy to to move with in the brush and around trees. Dead center in each target. First time I shot it. Might have been the last time too.

I'm a 64 year old cuck. Watched all the old Westerns growing up. However, I became interested in lever actions after watching Wind River. All mine are pistol caliber since I don't hunt. And, being the cuck I am (you know the ones just ready to roll over on their 2A rights) I like owning a rifle that isn't on the Leftist radar and uses the same ammo as revolvers I own.

View attachment 6879656
That was a good movie, and I really dig that rifle.

I wouldn't mind having a nice 45-70 lever action, but I have to admit that I would rarely shoot it. That's why all my lever actions have "Daisy" on the side.

I think the gun industry took a knee to the gun grabbers and that's why the push for lever guns. It was not a market being demanded by buyers, it was buyers being brain washed into wanting a lever gun since the shop shelves slowly became bare of 7400s, BARs, .44 carbines and such when AR15s took over. Since the MSM made those evil assault rifles and gun makers caved from frivolous law suits they started pushing something to take its place. 10 years ago you could not give away a lot of lever guns. The marlin 1895 with short barrels were selling ok but still often sat on the shelve for weeks or months.
I've always like lever guns and have several. So I'm not poo pooing on your sudden fetish with "assault" lever guns. I remember when every hunting show were using TC Encores. I got home one day from the shop with a brand new TC Encore with Katadine barrel in 450 Marlin. As I played around with it, it dawned on me "why the heck did I just buy this? I have a 45/70 HR and Ruger No 1 in 458 mag that I loaded down to 450 Marlin ballistics. I was brain washed. I ended up taking it back and trading it in on a new Mathews bow. It's easy to be persuaded into buying something by subliminal messaging.
I may buy another lever gun but I assure you it won't be a synthetic M lok stocked, threaded barrel gun. Probably a deal on another 99 Savage.

I think the gun industry took a knee to the gun grabbers and that's why the push for lever guns. It was not a market being demanded by buyers, it was buyers being brain washed into wanting a lever gun since the shop shelves slowly became bare of 7400s, BARs, .44 carbines and such when AR15s took over. Since the MSM made those evil assault rifles and gun makers caved from frivolous law suits they started pushing something to take its place. 10 years ago you could not give away a lot of lever guns. The marlin 1895 with short barrels were selling ok but still often sat on the shelve for weeks or months.
I've always like lever guns and have several. So I'm not poo pooing on your sudden fetish with "assault" lever guns. I remember when every hunting show were using TC Encores. I got home one day from the shop with a brand new TC Encore with Katadine barrel in 450 Marlin. As I played around with it, it dawned on me "why the heck did I just buy this? I have a 45/70 HR and Ruger No 1 in 458 mag that I loaded down to 450 Marlin ballistics. I was brain washed. I ended up taking it back and trading it in on a new Mathews bow. It's easy to be persuaded into buying something by subliminal messaging.
I may buy another lever gun but I assure you it won't be a synthetic M lok stocked, threaded barrel gun. Probably a deal on another 99 Savage.
I'm gonna highly disagree here. Suppressor sales have boomed the past 10 years. Even more-so the past 5. Lever guns, because of cartridge options, have a draw to suppressor owners. Lever gun manufacturers have figured out that if you make them suppressor ready they sell a sheet ton more of em. It's no surprise that the boom in Lever gun gun demand increased when they started throwing threaded barrels on them. And the guns that are selling are 44 mag/special, 357/38 spc, 45/70, 45 lc. All cartridges that supress well.

The resurgence of the Lever gun has followed the surge in suppressor ownership and the manufacturer's wising up to the growing quiet shooters.

Back
Top Bottom