• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The renewed lever action rifle fetish

Not sure if I missed it reading through all the pages, but I really feel what brought back the lever action gun, is the fact that a lot of people got cooped up in the house with COVID and binge-watched Yellowstone.

Come on, every wannabe cowboy has to have a lever action rifle!!!
This is probably the best guess yet!

It all started with the "dinosaur gun" on Jurassic Park. Seriously though I don't think it's just lever guns. Look at what's happened to gen 3 Smith autos. Was a time when they were the bane of the gun world. Law enforcement dropped them like hot rocks in the move to Glocks. You could barely give one away. Now they are beloved. They are indestructible or built like tanks. And depending on the model the prices reflect it.

For me, it's pretty simple. I like running the suppressed large caliber options that lever guns provide. Manufacturers are now making threaded models so that attaching a can is easy. Suppressed 45/70 with 500+ grain pills? Yes, please. Throw in the fact that lever actions are faster than bolt guns, you get a winning combo. You now have manufacturers tinkering with mag fed options that will work well with 300blk and other popular cartridges which are not conducive to tube fed.

I think the Gen 3 Smiths are more like the the pride some people have in owning the ugliest dog.
That 1006 might be an ugly dog but it bites like hell. Except the shooter. That heavy beast is tame even with hot loads. Of course, trying to carry it concealed is like trying to conceal a box of Cheerios!

Back
Top Bottom