• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The retail market is broken...Classic Firearms selling Czech K98s for upwards of $1299.99!

expert alert.. I want to get back in the milsurp game somewhat but geeesh these prices make it impossible..
Honestly, the best deals I have gotten on milsurps are local. There are deals to be had, but it just takes more legwork. Sure do miss the days of $199 VG-EX all matching Mausers. My wife asked me why I didn't buy more of them and I told her that at the time, it just seemed too expensive.

I have an old full sized brno mauser(not a vz 58). I didn't get it from classic. I've had it for quite a while. I would be greatful if one of you guys can tell me more about it.

It's like buying a '69 Road Runner. When I was of driving age I could get one for a couple hundred bucks used & abused, or maybe for $1000 if it was mint (big bucks in the 70s). Today they would sell in the 6-figure range.

Timing is everything and unless you are rich, the days of collecting some of those WW-II guns are pretty much gone. The key would be to find guns that are a drug on the market now, but might appreciate over the next decade or so.

The Colt Pythons (and to a lesser degree the rest of the 'snakes') have done just that. I'm thinking that the older Smiths and Rugers may follow that in the next 10 years, so long as they are out of production or there's a definitive 'old' vs. 'new' version. In fact I've seen the Ruger Security Sixes bump up a hundred dollars or more on average, just in the last few years.

I'd go broke trying to keep up with all the versions of Ruger 10/22s out there, but I have collected all the models of the Ruger 96 lever actions I can find. In fact levers are probably a good category of gun to collect, since they are still available fairly cheap, and people love them. Another good collectable would be AR-15s, since they are selling cheap right now, although you would have to specialize because the field is so large.

If you want to collect, it's still a good time to do it, but you have to pick your battles. Unless you are a multi-millionaire, you just won;t be able to afford the traditional WW-II collection anymore.

I have a Garand and that's my only warhorse unfortunately.. But its a good one to have.. I will pick up a Springfield 1903 the next time I see one and have cash pigeonholed..

Reactions: MRH
A fool and their money are soon parted.

My limit for a Russian capture 98k is about $350.

Some go gaga over all matching, no import marks and bring backs for $500-$1,000. Me I just want a battle rifle, if it's import marked I'm OK with it.

Its classic, what did you expect? They are overpriced on almost anything nowadays, every so often they have ok prices on a few things but they over hype what they sell

I removed myself from their email list yesterday. If their prices are any indication of where the milsurp market is headed, meh, I'm out.
Ammo is seeing crazy prices too.

Back
Top Bottom