Their whole department should be fired and replaced

There is more to the story than just this. IF I admitted to any firearms, I wouldn't give them everything. They'd have to figure it out. Then I would be happy to sell all of them to some guy in a parking lot of a gun show... "Sorry, I am not required by law to provide a Bill of Sale."

There is more to the story than just this. IF I admitted to any firearms, I wouldn't give them everything. They'd have to figure it out. Then I would be happy to sell all of them to some guy in a parking lot of a gun show... "Sorry, I am not required by law to provide a Bill of Sale."

there always is, never said he had to give them up, just register:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ive-up-gun-rights-to-foster-his-grandson.html

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdhhs/CWL-PUB-10_502652_7.pdf

When I bought a weapon on ODT, I worried that I may be buying a stolen gun. I requested the SN so I could run it through a few stolen gun databases before I agreed to meet. If the seller refused to provide it, I would not have agreed to purchase the weapon.

:noidea:

SAF is suing them, after winning similar suits in OK and IL. However the case won;t come up until 2018.

However in this case they may not have much luck. In those two it was an outright ban... If you had firearms then no foster kids for you. Period.

Here they are saying that guns are OK so long as they are 'registered' with the agency (handguns only) and are always locked up (all guns). Both of these types of restrictions are allowed in other states across the board, although neither is law in MI.

The real case here will be to see if a state agency can go beyond state law when it imposes rules on foster care.

BTW... this story is everywhere. No reason to give CTD any page views...

My parents were long time foster parents.

They had a little girl about 6 or 7 come home from her visit with the case worker, and the little girl told my father "you can't spank me anymore." Well my father had never spanked her, and what I knew, and she didn't is that my father would never hit a woman or girl under any circumstances. He might threaten her but he wasn't going to do it.

Anyway, he called up the case worker and told her that they (mom and dad) would complete their obligations with the two children they had, but that was the end. He didn't need a 20 something year old with no children a year out of college telling him how to raise kids.

And that was that.

Back
Top Bottom