• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thinking of getting a RV. Input, thoughts, comments and intelligent grunts welcome.

Rent a cabin. Campers are like a boat in cost,maintenance and depreciation, plus your time and storage. As I get older and wiser, I look at everything differently now. Growing up I wanted the big truck, the fast car, boat , camper etc. Once you own what you wanted so badly, you definitely look at things differently. If you are truly going to get a lot of use out of it, do it for the memories you will make. Get a hard sided camper with pull outs, everything else is a shoe box.

Have had several,have a 40 footer permanently set up in Hiawassee, and just sold a 28 footer with super slide.
Decided this year when we went to the beach, we just got a house.....much better.....

Will never have another "camper"......I'll buy a new truck,car, suv what ever and stay in the nicest hotels
and still save time, money and aggravation.......

Go bigger than you think you might need.

Go to the RV show or visit some RV lots.
Secure your own financing before you decide on one.

Splurge a little and make momma happy.

image.jpeg

Everybody is different. Buy bigger than need might be wise to make momma happy but if momma wants all the comforts of home, then stay home. I have a small one but it has everything the big ones have but the room. I can park it anywhere and my Tundra doesn't know it's back there. Here it is parked on the river doing a little fishing
20171125_095650.jpg
20180417_162104.jpg

I've had 2, won't have another
Opinions really vary. I love mine. Love the experiences it affords me to have. I will say that you need to be handy. Repairs can be inconvienant and expensive. I have had mine for a long time so it has had new brakes, exhaust fan motor, awning fabric, cooling unit on the fridge, etc. With the help of you tube, I have always fixed it

I liked my Dad's suggestion years ago. Buy a luxury car and stay in nice hotels. Cheaper in the long run and you can driver the car year round. Definitely rent before you buy so you know what you are getting into. Also, think about storage and maintenance when you are not using it.

Back
Top Bottom