• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thinking of getting a RV. Input, thoughts, comments and intelligent grunts welcome.

We started in a pop up and loved it. Moma wanted a toilet and shower and ended up with a 30' travel trailer. Stay about 75% of published towing capabilities. That is the place to start, trans cooler and loads tires even on a 1/2 ton truck.

Eventually pulled 5100#'s with a 2500 suburban, what a difference at the end of the day.

Had a guy knock on the door wanting to look at mine. Said he had a big motor home. Said he could stay in nice hotels for what that thing burned in fuel. Went and got the wife and brought her back for a look. She wouldn't even get out of the car. Once a woman's had that biggun.. She ain't interested in that little un

Everybody is different. Buy bigger than need might be wise to make momma happy but if momma wants all the comforts of home, then stay home. I have a small one but it has everything the big ones have but the room. I can park it anywhere and my Tundra doesn't know it's back there. Here it is parked on the river doing a little fishingView attachment 1643838View attachment 1643842

I like that one.

What kind is it, and what length?

No canvas, I hate them. Had one long ago. Find lightweight models with aluminum framing, solid smooth sides and maybe rubber roof.Leaks are a big issue with the aluminum sides with the wavy design.

OP , don't listen to the advise of "Get what the wife wants" when I bought my 29' outback I originally wanted a toy hauler, she wanted a "house on wheels" guess how many times she used it besides moving?... 2!!!

Just thinking as I sit here and watch this monsoon rain fall, sure am glad I don't have to pull 30 ft behind me and worry bout hydro-paneling and jack-knifing.....................

Funny thing......rv's. I sell steel structures, including everything covers. Everybody starts small (bumper pull) and keeps trading up. It goes from pop ups to double axle to fifth wheel to diesel pushers. We are forever expanding/raising covers we've built in the past. Most folks don't seem to ever get out of it once they buy their first unless it's health or age issues. The part that astounds me is the price of these things vs a hotel or condo for the two or three times a year most folks use theirs! My advice would be... If you can afford it go ahead and do it while you're alive and in good health, you might just love it. Buy as much RV as you can afford. If it's not for you I garuntee you there's someone out there that'll want it just 'cause it's bigger'n theirs!

Back
Top Bottom