• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thinking of getting a RV. Input, thoughts, comments and intelligent grunts welcome.

Funny thing......rv's. I sell steel structures, including everything covers. Everybody starts small (bumper pull) and keeps trading up. It goes from pop ups to double axle to fifth wheel to diesel pushers. We are forever expanding/raising covers we've built in the past. Most folks don't seem to ever get out of it once they buy their first unless it's health or age issues. The part that astounds me is the price of these things vs a hotel or condo for the two or three times a year most folks use theirs! My advice would be... If you can afford it go ahead and do it while you're alive and in good health, you might just love it. Buy as much RV as you can afford. If it's not for you I garuntee you there's someone out there that'll want it just 'cause it's bigger'n theirs!

You are right in 99% of the cases.

I went from a 11'6" truck camper to a 30' pull behind and then to an 8'6'' truck camper. It's just me, the wife and a small dog. We do more "traveling" than "camping" so the smaller TC fits our needs perfectly. I can run 80 mph down the interstate, easily merge into traffic, and park anywhere that a full size truck can park. It has everything that a big 5th wheel has, just on a smaller scale.

But again, you are correct in most cases. All ya have to do is look at ads and see that a lot of them say "going to a bigger camper"

I lived in a 18 wheeler with a 36 inch sleeper bunk for two years

I built a shower and porta potty under the bunk and a fridge under the passenger seat

Guys don’t need much room
It’s the chicks that want lots of space

Although being able to stand up in it is a big plus

I couldn’t stand up in my sleeper , it wasn’t tall enough

Back
Top Bottom