• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

This is what it's like to cancel service with Comcast

Yeah I will have to jump on this bandwagon for a minute, cant resist. When I cancelled mine they made the mistake of asking why? I was nice about it and but told her the service was had fallen off and that unprofessionalism from and slower than the VA Hospital service was what had lost me and that every time I have had to deal with them it has been a time consuming train wreck. She then looked up my account and said oh you had 6 boxes and internet and you were spending $400/month! I said "yes? ....and? Well you are making a mistake using someone else, you will be back! She then proceeded to be just as rude as the people I was talking about were the reason I was leaving. So, after everything she would say I wouldn't comment on, or answer, I just kept asking over and over again every few seconds "is it cancelled?" after everything she said, until she said. "yes it is cancelled" then I said "good!, now print off something stating that! And that I owe you nothing else!", and as soon as she handed it to me and let go .... I said YOU and all the other Comcast employees LIKE YOU are why you are losing people like me, that have been loyal customers for the past decade! Rude ass! And walked out.

Yes. I've had this phone call before. I currently only get internet from them (slowest speed) for $39/mo and it works maaaaybe 60% of the time. They have come out and told me "everything looks fine... dont know why Mr. Auburnrunner you are experiencing problems, you should upgrade to a bundle package and get all these great channels you dont need, and a landline phone you've never wanted, and keep your internet service that doesnt work for only $79/mo... why wouldnt you want all these great things you dont need for only $40 MORE a month????"

Yes. I've had this phone call before. I currently only get internet from them (slowest speed) for $39/mo and it works maaaaybe 60% of the time. They have come out and told me "everything looks fine... dont know why Mr. Auburnrunner you are experiencing problems, you should upgrade to a bundle package and get all these great channels you dont need, and a landline phone you've never wanted, and keep your internet service that doesnt work for only $79/mo... why wouldnt you want all these great things you dont need for only $40 MORE a month????"

I subscribe to the "blast 105" internet service...it doesn't come close to 105 mbs either. I have a top notch router, and modem as well.

I subscribe to the "blast 105" internet service...it doesn't come close to 105 mbs either. I have a top notch router, and modem as well.

I noticed a lot of other people having the same issue this year. Some have said powering down the router and restarting after several seconds resolved the problem. Others have said Comcast had the wrong package configuration for their account and speeds increased after Comcast fixed the setting on their end. Actually there was a lot of folks saying that.

It amazes me how they ensure they are billing you for the full amount, but not ensuring you are getting the performance you are paying for. Funny how that always seems to work in their favor.

I noticed a lot of other people having the same issue this year. Some have said powering down the router and restarting after several seconds resolved the problem. Others have said Comcast had the wrong package configuration for their account and speeds increased after Comcast fixed the setting on their end. Actually there was a lot of folks saying that.

It amazes me how they ensure they are billing you for the full amount, but not ensuring you are getting the performance you are paying for. Funny how that always seems to work in their favor.

I unplug/reset my modem or call in for comcast to send a "refresh" signal to my modem (which usually does nothing) AT LEAST once a day. I also own a top quality modem and router... Comcast told me that since I own my own modem (and dont rent it from them) it was most likely an issue on my end.... guess what. I bought a new modem and same problem.

Unfortunately I vowed a year ago after a horrible experience with AT&T that I would never use them again... so i'm stuck... in internet hell... with Comcast.

Back
Top Bottom