• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This jerky marinade turned out great....

The only recipe I've made for deer jerky-- marinade half and half soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Then drain, and sprinkle on a coat of McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning, regular or hot. This too, works. Smoke or dehydrate.

Won't have the kick of the Sriracha marinaded in, but the Worcestershire will help with umami. (Though soy has that, too, of course.)

That's deer though-- haven't tried beef.

Yours looks GOOD.

Does anyone else remember Acme Brand beef jerky; use to sell it at gun shows? They seem to be out of business. It was salty, but by far the best I've ever had, to my taste anyway. Dry. Made from good meat.

The OP's looks kinda like Acme. Got me missing some good jerky!

I'm about to mix it up, but I'll let it marinade until tonight, then load it in the dehydrator. I'm headed to a little get together in Ohio this weekend, hopefully I'll have some left to take with me...maybe not!

Looks really tasty!

The best commercially available jerky to me is Striplings outside of Albany and Wild Bills out of VA.

I make mine with equal parts Soy and Worcestershire, garlic powder, sea salt, brown sugar, black pepper and some tabasco. It doesn't last long at all.

1st batch is done!
Smoked and cut.
Marinated with 50:50 Dale's and Yeungling beer.
Cooked whole on the smoker.

20180831_095458.jpg
20180831_133559.jpg
20180831_133607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom